Ch 38: This is Bad

Shout out to the person who commented fuck you on this story the other day! That gave me life honestly and it earned you guys a new update to open up 2023!

Happy New Year!

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

They came out of nowhere. The Reanimations.
They crawled up out of the sand and the Akatsuki weren't prepared for it at all.

"Hidan! Help us you miserable fuck!" Kakazu complained as he raged, taking on a whole slew of reanimated sand shinobi with his heart creature things.

"These already dead people are not worthy sacrifices for Jashin!" Hidan denied seated on his scythe handle like a petulant child. "I will not be participating in any fights with them."

"Ugh, you're the worst." Konan glared, flying through the air throwing paper bombs at any shinobi who neared Nagato.

"We need to leave!" Nagato exclaimed, blasting a slew of them with his Rinnegan, but they just kept fucking reforming.

"I'm not leaving without my brother!" Itachi denied. "I abandoned Sasuke once." His hand trembled over his bleeding eye. A good slew of the reanimations covered in Amaterasu flames. "I won't do it again!"

"Itachi, we can't stay here." Konan struggled to remain air borne as a reanimation grabbed her leg. "There's too many of them!"

Konan kicked the guy off her ankle and Nagato crushed the guy in a small planetary devastation.

"These guys aren't staying dead!" Deidara freaked. He was running out of clay.

"Itachi quit using those black flames! These fucks aren't burning up! Your just spreading the shit around." Kakazu complained as a whole horde of reanimation-still flaming attempted to use their flaming bodies to set Kakazu's monsters alight and it was working. He lost three hearts because of it.

"Where the hell is Zetsu?" Nagato wondered.

Of course nobody knew and they didn't have time to care. One wrong move and they would all be dead.

-meanwhile on the other side of the sand village-

"Okay kiddos, stay calm! It's a bit of a war zone but just keep your goggles over your eyes to keep the sand-"

"We don't have goggles!" Naruto lamented.

"Oh. Well, we'll get you guys some maybe. If we survive."

"Obito shut up! None of my genin are dying." Kakashi denied voice firm. He slapped the back of his head.

"Are you sure?" He pointed to Sakura who was having a grand ole time rehealing herself and everyone else as they walked. Gaara keeping her bloody circle that she drew in the sand around them all in a perfect ring.

Kakashi just sighed into his hand. This was going to be a hell of a walk back to the others.

"Do you think that I could get an akatsuki cloak in green?" Lee wondered. "Black is not a very youthful color and I'm not sure how I feel about the red clouds."

"Hidan'll bitch for weeks if I got any one of you guys custom cloaks." Obito denied. "No."

"Bushy brow is a special case. Please?" Naruto begged.

"He can take up a new design with him once we're in the clear. That's the best I can do."

"Really!? Thank you Obito! You shall not regret this!" Lee beamed.

"I doubt that." Obito muttered as Gai started sobbing on his shoulder in gratitude.

"Sasuke? Are you okay?" Naruto asked noticing how quiet the Uchiha was being.

"Itachi's in trouble." Sasuke was pale, well paler than usual. Sharingan eyes fixed on the horizon. The black flames of the Amaterasu were seen billowing high into the sky.

He started sprinting from the safety of Sakura's healing circle before anyone could stop him.

Itachi might not love him anymore but that didn't mean Sasuke and all of his split personalities, didn't still love his big brother.

Sasuke was determined not to become the last of the Uchiha ever again.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Happy New Years! Next chapter will be out the next time I have the urge to write for this! Or if you guys spam me enough about it