Ch 26: Seperated

"No...no no no no...Damnit!" Itachi screamed punching a wall. The room shook slightly a few pebbles falling from the ceiling.

"Itachi lower your voice. You don't want to cause another collapse" Konan whispered urgently.

"He was right there....he was reaching for me and I..I" Itachi struggled tears in his eyes. He was such a failure. Sasuke needed him and he...

"You reached back for him. It's not your fault the damned floor gave out" pain said as he fingered the wall of rocks in front of them. If he used his rinnegan he could clear the debri, but then again that could also cause another collapse and if that happened that could risk the hole Naruto and Sasuke fell into to seal up or worse one or both of them could get crushed by a falling boulder. Nagato shook his head. No it was too risky trying to get to them this way. They would have to find another way down there.

"No it's not..." Itachi said his fist clenching so hard that veins bulged from his arms. His mangekyou sharingan swirling to life blood beginning to drip from his palms as his nails dig into his skin. Itachi began to stalk down the hallway.

"Itachi...don't be reckless" Pain told him as he stared at the furious Uchiha.

"It's strategic. I'm ensuring my brothers continued safety." Itachi snapped.

"By doing what?" Konan asked uneasily.

"I'm going to kill Deidara" Itachi growled.

"No! Itachi I need you here. Splitting up will do nothing but complicate things further. The faster we get out of here the faster we can rescue your brother" Pain tried to reason.

"Who knows how far down into that darkness he fell..." Itachi muttered.

"We'll pull them out of it once we find a safe way. We have to be careful this place is highly unstable" Konan reminded.

Itachi closed his eyes. "He could be hurt....he could be dead....and I never got to reassure him that I loved him even with all his personalities." Itachi stated.

"They're alive" Pain assured.

"How do you know?" Itachi questioned looking down.

"Do you see the ninetails anywhere? If Naruto were dead that kyuubi would be running amok already. And if Sasuke was dead I highly suspect that the same thing would occur because Naruto would be so upset" Pain told him.

"I hope your right" Itachi sighed his mangekyou deactivating. The three starting to walk down the hallway.

-with Kakashi and Obito-

"Kakashi..." Obito said his voice trembling.

"I'm okay, you?" Kakashi murmured answering Obito's unasked question.

"Yeah..." Obito replied snuggling closer to him.

"We need to get out of here. Should we phase?" Kakashi questioned.

"No...I want to go outside faster than that...I'll do it just hold still" Obito said kamuiing them both out of their corner to his own dimension.

"What the hell?" Kakashi questioned looking around.

"It's my own dimension. Pretty nice right?" Obito questioned.

"Wait....is this where I've been sending things?" Kakashi asked.

"Yup" Obito grinned.

"cmon we can admire this place later. We should see if any of the others made it out" Kakashi told him worrying for his genin.

"Yeah okay" Obito said with a nod kamuiing them both outside. Immediately Kakashi's ears heard the sound of Sakura's cries. His head snapped towards her to see her kneeling on the ground crying her eyes out. Her scythe laid beside her.