Ch 37: Alright, You Win

Alrighty this books back by popular demand! Note: I'm not giving up on the rewrite but I figured why not keep this one going for haha's you know? At least til the other one catches up. Let's go, let's go.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

"He should be good to move now." Sasori told Lee. "We should get out of here. The attackers could still be lingering."

"Yes, of course." Lee ducked under Gaara's arm helping him walk as they all made they way out into the sun.

"What about my sister?" Gaara wondered.

"Temari and Shikamaru will meet us when we meet up with the rest of the group." Sakura replied working on cleaning her scythe from sand.

"Oh." Lee blinked as he saw his Sensei arguing with Kakashi and Obito still. "Excuse me for a moment. Gaara I must tell my Sensei the joyous news! He seems to think we've all died."

"Yes alright." Gaara agreed gently stroking Lee's cheek. The two boys officially dating. "But hurry back to me will you? My body's still not that strong..."

"It will only take me a second. I shall use the full power of youth to race back your side!" Lee have him a thumbs up. "Until then I leave you in Sakura's capable hands."

"Wait but Sakura's still cleaning-" Gaara struggled about to fall as Lee left him.

"Don't worry, Gaara." Naruto assured the red head catching him. "We've got ya. Right Sas?"

"Yeah..." Sasuke confirmed already on the redheads other side helping Naruto right him.

"It feels wrong." Gaara noted. "Being between the two of you. Tell me are you still in denial of the profound bond you share?"

"I-we-" All the Sasuke's struggled looking to Naruto.

"Sasuke is having trouble accepting he's very loved right now Gaara." Naruto denied.

"Oh? Why is that?"

"None of your damned business." Sasuke growled out.

"Very well." Gaara replied, he'd escaped death once today. He didn't want to try his luck for a second time.

"Tell me this then...why are you all wearing akatsuki cloaks?" Gaara wondered.

"It's a long story but we kind of joined up with them." Naruto replied.

Gaara blinked. "Don't they want to kill us?"

"Eh, that's a minor detail. Everyone wants us dead. These guys wants to bring about world peace and Sasuke's brother is a part of them and there's another Uzumaki and our sensei's old teammate founded em and it's all a little complicated but they're a good bunch."

"Hn." Sasuke agreed.

"As long as your sure it's safe...then we will join." Gaara agreed. "Lee will love having something to pour all his youth into."

"That's great!" Naruto grinned. "Hear that Sakura? Gaara's gonna join the akatsuki!"

"Another red head. Just what the akatsuki needs." Sakura sighed.

"I heard that. Just because this puppet came with a sexy body doesn't mean it didn't come with ears under this voluminous hair." Sasori denied, looking as beautiful as Disney's Ariel. "I actually think I'm starting to like this body."

"Your kidding right?" Sakura sweat dropped.

"Well that's one way to compete with Deidara." Naruto chuckled to himself.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

It's short but it's a start! Yay for new content!!!

Fun fact: even by just posting /writing around 500 words a day you could have a 50,000 word fic in about 3 1/2 months. And you know what that is you guys? An achievable goal!

And the proof is right here in my most coveted story thus far Light Our Shadows!

I first published it 6-17-2022

Three ish months later and it's already 39,083 words and still going strong!

And if your looking for some quality Sasunaru content then checkout Light our Shadows!

No, seriously check it out I'm craving comments on it but if not it's okay. I get it if your just in it for the story we're in right now and don't feel like it. I'd just appreciate it if you did.