Ch 31: Mental Problems

"That was way too close..." Obito breathed out lifting his goggles up off his head shaking the dust out of his hair.

"You're telling me." Kakashi coughed in agreement dusting off his cloak. "Is everyone alright?"

"We're alive." Sasuke answered from his spot where he lied on the ground completely worn out.

"And I am officially the only Uchiha to get crushed by boulders. Quick thinking with that susanoo." Obito nodded to him.

"Wasn't my idea." Sasuke breathed out slinging an arm over his eyes to shield himself from the sun, was there even a sun here? Whatever was up here the light was way too bright for Sasuke's lightning.

"What are you talking about?" Sakura questioned in confusion. How could it not have been his idea?

"It was just instinct right, Sasuke? There was no time for you to think." Shikamaru cut in. Sasuke nodded mentally thanking Shikamaru for the save. The last thing Sasuke wanted to do was freak out Sakura with his personalities as well as Itachi. He'd take her thinking he was weird over mentally ill any day.

"Your leg is bleeding." Choji pointed out to Sasuke with narrowed eyes shifting the topic away from his use of his susanoo to his injuries. The akimichi anticipating that the Uchiha would try to ignore them per usual.

"It's just a scratch." Sasuke replied feeling a little breathless. His whole body felt like overcooked ramen noodles.

"Let me see." Itachi sighed bending down next to his brother. He wasn't about to let his brother minimize any of his injuries, but before he could even touch his brother he had moved. For a moment Itachi had even thought he teleported Sasuke moved so quickly.

"Sasuke, get down from there." Itachi ordered his little brother who sat a top the nearest column structure his hands wrapped firmly around his wounded ankle.

"Hn." Sasuke replied looking away not moving a muscle.

"You're hurt, Sasuke, just let me heal you," Sakura pleaded. "I'll come up. You don't even have to come down if you wanna have a bird's eye view."

"Stay away from me, Sakura." Sasuke told her his voice cold. He didn't have to look at her. She already knew he was glaring.

"Want me to knock the column down?" Choji questioned Shikamaru.

"No, I don't think it's going to come to that." Shikamaru shook his head as he studied the Uchiha with calculating eyes. Just which one was he right now? The Nara's mind flitting through all the 17 possibilities. At any rate the Nara couldn't be sure which Sasuke this was.

"Forget about the scratch on your leg. You don't just heal like Naruto does. You need that ankle looked at." Shikamaru called up to him. It really didn't matter which personality he was right now, mentioning the blonde always seemed to do the trick.

"He cheats." Sasuke replied shaking his head.

"He's as crafty as that fox inside of him. Now come back down. Don't make me chase you." Shikamaru pleaded. Sasuke grumbled under his breath but complied flipping off the structure landing on his good leg. Shikamaru helping him back to the floor. Sakura immediately got to work her hands glowing green on his ankle.

"This is going to take a couple days to heal, Sasuke. You're going to need to stay off it. You're still recovering from that curse mark attack from earlier." Itachi told him. Sasuke scowled at him.

"There's no time for me to rest. We have to get to Suna. Gaara's in trouble." Sasuke denied.

"What makes you say that? Last we he heard everything in Suna was fine." Kakashi reminded.

Sasuke went quiet.

"Something happened between when Naruto left and We arrived didn't it?" Shikamaru asked.

"I-I'm not crazy..." Sasuke whispered lowly. "You'll think I'm crazy."

"Nobodies saying you are. What happened?" Choji asked.

"I thought.....I thought I saw...." Sasuke hesitated as he looked at Itachi. "I thought I saw father."

"Father's dead." Itachi replied as gently as he could. "He has been for years."

"Don't you think we-I know that?" Sasuke snapped looking pained and confused. "I saw him, Itachi. He was standing right in front of me. He looked like he was in pain, said he didn't have much time. That Orochimaru shouldn't underestimate the Uchiha. That we had to get to Suna before it was too late."

"You must have been hallucinating because of the strain." Obito attempted to get Sasuke to see reason. "You were in a life and death situation your brain could have been trying to cope. I know I saw Rin a few times when I was buried."

"No, no if that were the case it would've been mom. I hate him, I hate my father and I'm glad he's gone."

"Don't say that, Sasuke." Itachi frowned.

"He left me, Itachi! Just like you did. Just left me to die. Said I wasn't ready yet, that I wasn't like you!" Sasuke threaded his hands in his hair. "How could he just do that to me again!? It isn't fair, all he ever did was compare me to you."

"Get a grip, Uchiha." Shikamaru rested a hand on his shoulder noticing the signs, now was not the time for him to switch personalities. "You're losing focus. Stay in the light, no running away."

"My head is so fucked up." Sasuke's voice trembled. Sakura wrapped her arms around Sasuke pulling him into a hug. Sasuke felt too weak to resist.

"What do you think?" Obito whispered to Kakashi, and Itachi as they distanced themselves from the kids. "Has he completely lost it?"

"He's dead. I put my sword through his chest myself." Itachi told them. "But Sasuke seems so adamant...."

"Kids been through a lot. There's no denying that. One trauma might dig up old scars from another but the fact of the matter is we lost our home base. We need to get the one tails anyway so I say we regroup with pain and the others and humor Sasuke."

"We should be finding out who attacked us un."
Deidara told them.

"This is dumb." Obito decided sick of whispering. "Brace yourselves, we're regrouping with the others outside. Can't stay here forever."

No one was prepared for what waited for them on the other side.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
And this was ch 31! Sorry all! No questions this time, I'm pressed for time. Just wanted to get this up before finals! I hope you enjoy!! Sorry it was so short college takes a lot out of me.