Ch 9: the genin find out

Sasuke woke up with a yawn as he stretched his limbs. He rubbed his left eye tiredly. He looked around the room with a frown. His brother was no where in sight. Had his brother been so disgusted by last night that he couldn't even stomach being in the same room as him? Sasuke wondered. Sasuke shook his head roughly. No Itachi wouldn't abandon him a second time. Besides he was over reacting Itachi's probably out training or something. Sasuke sniffed the air as he caught a whiff of a very familiar smell. Sasuke bounced out of bed and raced toward the kitchen a smile dawning his features. He slid into the chair that itachi had obviously left purposefully pulled out for him and it almost toppled over because of the speed Sasuke produced. He placed his hands on the table to steady himself. There was Itachi standing in front of the stove. His back was turned to him.

"Good morning foolish little brother" Itachi said not turning around.

"Morning Big brother! Where is everyone?" Sasuke asked curiously peering around.

"Still asleep" Itachi laughed.

"What?" Sasuke asked.

"Sasuke it's 4:30 am" Itachi answered.

"What!? Itachi i slept an extra half hour!" Sasuke complained.

"Sleep is good for you, Sasuke." Itachi answered eyes rolling slightly.

Sasuke grumbled but nodded anyways. "What are you making?" Sasuke questioned.

"You have one guess" Itachi answered.

"Ginger snaps...?" Sasuke questioned as he tried to peer around his elder sibling to no avail.

"Hn" Itachi responded.

"Yes!" Sasuke muttered fist pumping. His childlike behavior returning. Itachi's ginger snaps were the greatest!!

"Someone's excited" itachi teased.

"I suppose" Sasuke said with a shrug.
The younger uchiha began tapping his fingers on the table.

"Sasuke-"

"No"

"Yes"

"Why?"

"It's annoying"

"So? That's nothing new"

"Fine. Let's make a deal"

"A deal?" Sasuke questioned eyebrow raised. His fingers still drumming a beat.

"Yes, if you stop that tapping after we eat breakfast i'll...." Itachi trailed off in thought before he smirked" i'll help you master my kunai throwing technique" Itachi smirked.

Sasuke's fingers stilled immediately and the boy ceased any noise at all. Itachi peered over his shoulder. Sasuke was sitting perfectly in his chair. A smile was on his face and his eyes shone with glee and excitement.

"But you have to promise to be careful this time" Itachi said with an eye roll.

Sasuke pouted. "Your no fun" he muttered.

An hour of glaring, chatting and swearing later the two Uchiha brothers finally sat down to eat the ginger snaps.

"And you hate sweet things" Itachi mocked.

"Thats different!" Sasuke protested.

"Oh really?" Itachi asked raising an eyebrow.

"They taste gingery" Sasuke responded.