Ch 6: night terrors of team 7 pt 2 pt3-Sasuke

Itachi for all his years of misery and darkness had absolutely no idea how to respond to this. So he said the first thing that came to mind. As awfully timed as it was.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly. He wanted to slap himself for the mere stupidity of that question. Okay? Okay? Of course he's not okay! Despite all Sasuke's independence forced or no he was still just a kid. He was still Itachi's baby brother. And there were no words to comfort him with. Itachi honestly couldn't relate to that. Not on the way he wanted to be able to. It was quiet for a moment as Sasuke merely ran out of tears. Itachi still held him close silently vowing to himself that this time. Whatever crazy second chance he was getting he would protect his baby brother. Sasuke clung on to him like a lifeline. He never wanted to let go. He never wanted this moment to end. But the young Uchiha knew he had a gazillion questions to answer.

"Yes and no" Sasuke responded pulling away from Itachi a bit.

"Yes because i'm out of that hellish nightmare in more ways than one and i have you back to protect me again" Sasuke said licking his lips.

"No because.....b-because...."Sasuke trailed his hands balling up into fists. The words he so desperately wanted to tell his brother lodging in his throat.

"You don't have to tell me right now Sasuke. I'm not going anywhere" Itachi assured.

Sasuke chuckled cynically."thats what i had thought last time" he muttered before he realized just what he had said and slammed a hand over his mouth. Whoops. Old habits die hard he guessed.

"Lasts time won't happen again. I promise" Itachi swore. What would it take to assure Sasuke he would never abandon him again?

"Itachi? Why did you do it?" Sasuke asked.

"Sasuke...." Itachi stated. Should he tell him? Sasuke already hates the leaf and wants it all burnt to ash. Now that Sasuke went rogue the clan really has a semblance of good reputation.

"I know you told me it was to test your abilities but....i also know that was a lie Itachi. I'm not stupid. If it had been orochimaru you slaughtered that would be different but the clan yeah right." Sasuke said.

'He already has an insanely low opinion of the council..should i just tell him?' Itachi wondered as he stared at Sasuke's shaking form. Sasuke was trembling his saddness slowly turning into rage. Itachi was never gonna tell him was he?

"Why should i believe you if you never tell me the truth?" Sasuke asked his arms crossing. His shield was back up.

"Sasuke?" Itachi asked. He was always honest with Sasuke...wasn't he? He had never lied to him directly just made up an excuse. At least thats how he used to see it. Who knew how Sasuke saw it.

Sasuke scoffed and jumped off the bed starting to pace the floor. A habit that he somehow picked up from Mikoto while she was still alive. His racing thoughts however were from no other source except for his father Fugaku.
Sasuke chuckled darkly. A thought suddenly occurring to him. The scum bag Orochimaru while he was toying with him had said a few words about his brother. One word had caught Sasuke's ear specifically. He had called Itachi shady.

Sasuke walked up the wall and began to pace the ceiling. The young uchiha honestly didn't notice the change. His mind had flashed back to his torture from the council. Danzo had stood in the shadows. Watching, judging, calculating, Danzo was shady. Their was no other word to describe him. That led Sasuke to one conclusion. One that sent Itachi sprawling backwards as Sasuke jumped from the ceiling and punched him in the jaw. Hard.

"You killed everyone in our entire clan because Danzo told you to!?!" Sasuke yelled outraged his fists clenching on Itachi's shirt. The shocked expression on Itachi's face was enough for Sasuke to deem himself right.

"Unbelieveable" Sasuke muttered running a hand through his hair releasing his shocked older brother.

"I was trying to keep you safe-" Itachi started to explain but Sasuke immediately cut him off.

"Safe!? Safe!? You were trying to keep me Safe!? You don't even know half of what those villagers did to me after you left. What the hokage did. What the council did. What everyone in that fucking village did. What Orochimaru did. You abandoned me Itachi! You just up and left! And your telling me you were trying to keep me safe!?" Sasuke roared at him.

"Sasuke the clan was...." Itachi tried to explain again but Saauke wasn't having any of it.

"I don't give a shit about our clan Itachi! Okay!? I don't care! It doesn't matter what they were doing! You think i'm mad about our clan? There were legit three people that i actually cared about in that clan. Maybe five! The rest of them just compared me to you all the time! How the hell did you think I would be safe when i was alone in the same village as Danzo!" Sasuke fumed.

"It was complicated little brother" Itachi tried to soothe him.

"Yeah, everything is with you" Sasuke sighed.

"Feel better now?" Itachi asked as Sasuke finally calmed. Itachi guessed Sasuke was going through the first few stages of puberty. This was just a theory of course.

Sasuke nodded slightly giving a so-so gesture to his brother. Sasuke yawned seemingly spent from the emotional roller coaster he just went through in such a short amount of time. "We'll talk later" Sasuke said as he drifted of to sleep. This time however he didn't sleep with the kunai. Itachi smiled slightly at the sign. Sasuke trusted him again. If just a little bit and that was all Itachi needed to rekindle Sasuke's trust in him.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Next up Naruto! Wonder what poor naru is having a nightmare about! Update will probably be tomorrow! Today if i get the chance!