Chapter 4 - Morning

Rick Castle's POV

I woke up to Alexis calling out it was time getting ready for school, she couldn't wait till she got to meet her classmates and if I didn't mistaken I think she was surprisingly happy for have been in the principal's office the day before.

"Dad! Come one!" she called out as she took my hand and tried to pull me out of bed.

I chuckled as I started getting up.

"Calm down pumpkin" I yawned and added "what do you want for breakfast?"

I saw her thinking about it for a couple of minutes before she oubursted with her answer.

"Pancakes!" I chuckled and nodded.

"Okay, okay, now go get dressed and I will make you your pancakes, princess" I said as I got out of bed and Alexis ran out of my bedroom.

I quickly changed clothes and walked out into the kitchen. I started making pancakes as I tried to remember the dream I had had during the night. I couldn't figure out what it had been about exactly but I did remember a certain principal showing up in it a little now and then.

"Pumpkin, pancakes ready!" I yelled up the stairs and I heard her small feet sprint of towards me or, more correctly, the food.

I handed her the plate with pancakes and while she ate hers I ate some too.

"Hello kiddos" I turned to see my mother down the stairs.

"Good morning mother" I said as I ate the last piece of my pancake.

"Morning grams!" Alexis exclaimed and she jumped down the chair to run over to moher and hug her.

I smiled at the scene before she returned to her seat and ate up her pancakes in no time. After that I send her upstairs to go pack her school bag and my mother sat down at the island while I took away the dishes.

"So what's on the to-do list today?" mother asked and I shrugged my shulders.

"Well, first I will drop off Alexis at school, then home for writing and at lunch I will go to the coffee shop and go visit one certain principal" I said with confidence as I heard Alexis getting ready and running for the stairs.

"Richard" mother said in a warning tone.

"What?" I asked as I met Alexis by the stairs to take her up in my arms and spinning her around.

"Ready to go?" Alexis asked and I nodded.

"Darling, I will be at the theatre once you come back" mother informed as me and Alexis walked towards the door.

"Okay, when are you coming back?" I asked and put Alexis down on the ground.

I bent down on one knee to help her with her shoe laces but before I could she pushed my hands away. I looked at her shocked as she put her shoes on herself before she took the laces in her hands.

"Over, under, around and through..." she started as she tied her shoe laces" meet mr Bunny Rabbit, pull and... through" she said with a satisfied grin as she looked at the knot she just made.

"Where-Who...?" I stuttered before I smiled as something occurred to me. "Principal Beckett taught you, didn't she?"

Alexis nodded as she quietly mumbled the same chant again as she tied the other shoe. I looked at her proudly and as soon as she was done I put on my own shoes before I took her hand in mine. We said goodby to mother before we walked out and got to the car. On our way to Alexis's school we sang to the songs on the radio like we usually did. It was one of the moments on the day I enjoyed the most, when we got to have our moment together and could either talk or sing along together with either the songs on radio or some disney songs if we connected the phone to the stereo. As I pulled up at the school I forgot singing when I saw the principal walk on the side walk up towards the entrence of the school. She had a skirt on her, a black one. It wasn't as short as I would've wanted it but then again it was a school so she had to be appropiate, it ended right below her knees and almost reminded of one of those skirts children could have in school as kids. She had high black heels and a white button-up shirt with her hair up in a ponytail. I was enchanted by her as she walked inside the doors. I didn't know why but I felt drawned to her. Suddenly someone tugged on my arm and I looked at my daughter sitting next to me.