Chapter 29 - New people

Kate Beckett's POV

When we had eaten breakfast Castle told Alexis to go up and pick out some clothes she could take with her to go out to a hotell with her gram.

"Are they going to sleep over at a hotell tonight when we're at the speech?" I asked Castle the second Alexis was up the stairs and out of hearing.

"Yeah, I thought that might be the best. That way we don't have to worry about someone coming here while we are away" Castle answered and I nodded.

"That's a good idea, I didn't even think about it..." I said low before I shook my head and turned to him, "when does that hacking friend of yours come?" I asked and he put his arms around my waist.

"I think she's coming at 2pm, which reminds me that perhaps we should get my mother to take Alexis before she comes" he said and I bit my lip.

"How did you even befriend a hacker?" I asked curious, not only because of his friend being a hacker but also because I could feel some jealousy kicking in knowing it's a woman.

"Why principal Beckett, is that jealousy I can hear in your voice?" Castle mocked me and I rolled my eyes moving out from his grip. 

He caught me before I could go any further and pulled me back towards him. He kissed my neck and I couldn't help myself but moan as he found my weak spot. 

"You don't have to worry, she is and always has been, a friend. Nothing more" he mumbled towards my neck and the feeling of his lips was calming. 

"Dad, I can't find my green dress!" Alexis came rushing down the stairs.

"Alexis, you shouldn't be running, you were sick yesterday" I exclaimed and I myself heard the worry I exposed in my voice.

"But I feel fine today, I think I slept it off" she said and I got a strange feeling I knew what had caused her sickness the day before.

"What if she was food poisoned?" I asked out loud and I could feel the atmosphere change around me. 

"What do you mean?" Castle asked careful and I pulled away so I could look between him and Alexis.

"What if the reason she was sick yesterday was because she got something in her food, Alexis" I said turning to her, "you said you started feeling ill right after lunch right? Did you see anything different in your food compared to your classmates'?" I asked her and she looked like she thought about it, tried to remember how the food looked like.

"Good morning darlings" I heard Martha say as she came through the door. 

"Maybe it did look weird, I remember me having more spice on it than Sarah" Alexis said and Martha came to us with a questioning look on her face.

"What looked weird?" she asked and I bit my cheek.

"I think she got food poisoned. Castle, when you left the school, did you look around to make sure no one saw you leaving?" I asked Castle and he shrugged his shoulders.

"I looked around but I didn't see anyone" he said and I started to get paranoid.

"What's going on?" Martha asked and I suddenly remembered she had no idea of what was going on.

"Mother, you and Alexis are going to stay at a hotell tonight, I've already booked the room and everything so you should go pack. Alexis, was it the green dress you didn't find?" Castle said, trying to get something else on everyone's mind. 

After some minutes Martha agreed and walked to her room to pack a bag w me and Castle followed Alexis to her room to find the green dress she was looking for. When we had found it we helped Alexis pack it down and I suddenly saw her stuffed monkey on the floor by her bed. I smiled and picked it up.