Chapter 30 - Takedown

Kate Beckett's POV

Exactly when the clock struck 4pm Castle and I stood outside of the building where we would take out Bracken. Tory joined us and I could see that her small bag only could contain one of those small computers, which was a relief to know she hadn't brought something more suspicious.

"So, how will we get in?" Tory asked and I smiled as I saw a man come towards us.

"Through him" I said and he smiled carefully as he reached out his hand.

I shook it while greeting him, "hey Gary."

"Hey, Kate Beckett, long time no see" he greeted before he let go of my hand to stick it inside his pockets.

"Yeah, I followed another path" I said and he nodded.

"I figured" he took out the small passes he had hidden in his pockets. "Here you go, one for each one of you, just remember to show them and memorize your newspaper, so that if they ask you can tell them without looking at the access passes" Gary told all of us and we nodded as he handed us the passes.

"Thank you so much, I owe you" I said and he shook his head.

"No, but it wouldn't hurt to check in some time, I miss the thrill of your adventures" he said and when I felt Castle's gaze on me I couldn't help but blush. 

I cleared my throat and turned to my love.

"How long before we need to get inside?" I asked and I could see jealousy in his eyes, even though he tried his best to hide it.

When he saw I had noticed it he immediately looked down to check his phone for the time.

"Well, it starts in forty minutes, so maybe we should get inside" he said and then he looked up, "Gates will be here in twenty, I told her to meet us inside" he added.

"And I told Roy the same, though he knows what's going to happen. He mentioned he knew who Gates was and would try to find her so that they could go together. That way she will stay for the confession for sure" I told them and suddenly I noticed Gary was still there. "Uhm, Gary, thank you for everything but... uh... we have to do this alone" I told him and he looked disappointed.

"I understand" he said and plastered a smile on his face, "good to see you again, and good luck" he said with a wink before he turned around and walked away.

Castle was about to go after him but I managed to stop him by putting my hand on his chest.

"Easy, cowboy" I said and gave him a look.

"But..." he started and I cut him off.

"We have other things to do, things that will make it possible for us to be together without risking our lives" I told him and he immediately calmed down.

"I don't want to interrupt you two but I'm going in, I think it's for the better if we walk inside one by one. Then it does seem like we're from different papers" Tory said and I instantly agreed.

She walked away and once we saw she had gotten inside I turned to Castle to peck his lips before I whispered a quiet, "see you on the inside", and walked towards the entrance. I knew he didn't like that I walked inside before him but I ignored it and walked fast so he couldn't stop me. When I reached the guards I held up my pass.

"Sarah Dawson, New York Times" I said and they checked the pass with my fake name and picture on it.

"She's green" the guard who had checked my pass said before letting me go inside. 

Once I had passed the entrance I let go of a breath, it worked. I was in. I found eye contact with Tory who was standing a bit further away in a corner by a staircase. She nodded towards me and I nodded back. I walked aside to look around me, didn't want to make my way over to Tory immediately in case someone was watching. There were probably security guards checking the cameras and we didn't need them spotting us. I looked up at the roof, trying to look like I was admiring the ceiling and the architecture while I was actually checking for cameras and to see if I could find a blind spot for Tory to be in when she did the hacking.