Chapter 19 - Old case

Rick Castle's POV

A dark skinned man came about twenty minutes after Kate had made the call and he had introduced himself as Roy Montgomery. They told me they had been working together when Kate hadn't been able to put her mom's death behind her those first days after she had gotten killed. Roy had been the first person Kate had turned to when she found out her dad had supposedly 'hanged' himself and she suspected that had been a murdered too. Before he had come I had started to become a bit jealous because Kate seemed quite fond of the man but once he came I could clearly see he was more of a father figure than a possible boyfriend, plus I had heard her talk about him having a wife so why had I been so worried?

"So now, tell me what's happened" Roy asked and I felt my heart sink.

I had been distracted the whole time they had been talking and it hadn't occurred to me during that time why he was actually there. I looked down at my hands and I felt my mood fall faster than a burning plane from the air.

"Castle's daughter is missing, a guy from the senator's secret guards kidnapped her after killing Mike Royce. I think Bracken's coming after the people I love, and that's why he's taken Alexis. You see, me and Castle are in a relationship and I got a phone call earlier today from someone who said I should consider this a warning, that's why I didn't want anyone to know that I contacted you" Kate said and I looked at her with wide eyes.

"You got a phone call?" I asked and I could see her biting her cheek.

"Yes, I did, I'm sorry Rick, everything is my fault. I shouldn't have put you through this" she said in a voice which indicated she was truly sorry for everything that had happened and I started to feel frustrated.

"None of this is your fault Kate, stop blaming yourself. Did they do this because you started letting someone in?" I asked and I saw the sadness in her face.

Kate Beckett's POV

"Yes, all of this is because I let you get into my life. Because I wasn't clever enough to stop you from kissing me that day by the car. Because I was stupid enough to let you buy me lunch, I can't believe I put you through this. Put Alexis through this" I complained as I raised from the table we had been seated at.

I walked away from the table and walked into my bedroom. I didn't want them to see me anymore. I just wanted to get away from their eyes as I could feel the tears build up in my eyes when I remembered Alexis was still out there. When I got into my bedroom I closed my door and made a quick decision.

"Kate?" Castle asked as I jumped out of the window.

I managed to close it before I saw him open the door and I hid.

"Kate?!" he called out and I started climbing down the ladder towards the ground.

When I was down I took out my phone I had in my pocket and I searched the information I needed.

"Now I got you" I whispered to myself as I walked away from my building.

Rick Castle's POV

"Kate?!" I called out when I couldn't find her in her bedroom, or in the bathroom.

"What's going on?" Roy came in asking.

"I can't find her" I said, starting to panic.

He gave me a confusing look before he turned around and helped me search around the apartment, trying to find her.

"Maybe she just needed some time to herself. You could see that in her eyes" Roy said but I didn't calm down.

"What if something happened to her, what if they managed to get in here and take her?" I panicked.