Chapter 23 - Not leaving

Kate Beckett's POV

"I won't leave" he said and I closed my eyes leaning my forehead against his chest.

I breathed in his scent, his wonderful, calming scent.

"You have to, I can't risk any of you in danger" I mumbled into his chest.

"You don't have to, it's not your risk to take" he said and I sighed.

"And you're willing to put Alexis through that danger?" I questioned pulling away to look at him.

I knew he hadn't thought of that and the look on his face confirmed it.

"Go" I said low, "I'll be fine, I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself" I added.

"But I can't. I can't live without you, and neither can Alexis..." he started but I cut him off.

"She can see me during the days and I know you can go on without me, just like you did before we met. I love you and I believe in you" I said and a few tears rolled down his cheeks.

I quickly wiped them away and like he had done with me before I kept my hand on his cheek, stroking it with my thumb. I felt him leaning into my hand and he closed his eyes. I moved closer to him and stepped on my toes to let my lips touch his. At first he wasn't ready to feel my lips pressed to his but as soon as he felt me he kissed me back. I let go of his cheek and put my arms around his neck. He moved his hands to put them on my back and pressed my body closer to his. The kiss felt magical. Every time he kissed me I got a feeling I had never had before. At the same time, as if we had been reading each other's thoughts, we opened our mouths and our tongues started dancing. His sweet taste filled my mouth and my mind started spinning, making me moan in pleasure. We broke apart to catch our breaths.

"God, I've missed this" I heard myself whisper.

"Me too" he said before we joined lips again.

He was gentle but was still able to make it passionate and filled with love. Suddenly I heard a car door and I pulled away so quick that our lips made a pop sound.

"Oh, no" I said and I quickly moved to the window.

I moved the curtain a little to see if I could recognize the car. To my worry I couldn't.

"What's wrong?" Castle asked and I quickly moved over to my desk opening the same drawer I had opened when I had heard someone outside my office.

"Not sure" I said and pulled out the gun I had moved there after what happened to Alexis.

When I glanced up at him I could see a confused and scared look on his face.

"Come" I said as I walked past him and grabbed his hand during the walk.

He had no choice in following me or not but I knew he would follow me no matter what.

"Where are we going?" he questioned and I lead him through the corridor outside my office towards the library.

"Keep quiet" I said low to him and when I glanced over my shoulder I saw him nodding.

I let go of his hand, knowing he would continue to follow me, and took a better grip around the gun. We got to the library door and I opened it motioning him to go inside. Once we were both inside I locked the door with my card and putting in the code saying only I, as the principle, could unlock it again.

"Let's go" I whispered and lead him towards the stairs going up to the second floor of the library.

The library was big and had a big open space in the middle where you could see the roof, and on the side of the space was the stair leading up and the continuation of the library with all the bookshelves. As soon as we got upstairs I walked towards one of the more private corners where students were able to sit and study in groups. When we got there I turned to Castle.