Chapter 14 - Mystery Tree

Kate Beckett's POV

"Seriously Castle! Where are we going?" I asked as I looked out the window of the car.

"Wow, you have no patient at all do you?" Castle mocked with an amused voice.

I crossed my arms and he just laughed. We had been driving for an hour now and I had completely lost track on where we were. I looked out the window, ignoring his comment. We were practically driving in the woods, or at least there were woods all around us. Suddenly he pulled into a small road I hadn't seen and not long after driving on it he slowed down until the car came to a complete stop. I looked around us and saw only trees, trees and bushes everywhere.

"Is it now that you're going to murder me and erase ever being a part of my life?" I asked in a joking matter and he looked at me with a serious look.

My smile disappeared and he shook his head firmly.

"I would never do that to you" he said in a serious matter.

"Don't worry, I was just kidding" I said but he didn't flinch.

He killed the engine and jumped out of the car. He came to my side and opened the door. When I got out I felt so stupid, I didn't want him to be mad at me, I was only joking. When I had closed the door I sneaked in my hand in his and squeezed it lightly. He looked at me and I smiled small.

"I was only joking, I didn't mean to anger you" I said quietly.

"I know, I just didn't want you to even get that thought" he said and I stepped on my toes and kissed him. "Now, let's go, we have some way to go" he said as we pulled away and he dropped my hand to go to the back of the car.

He opened the trunk and took out a bag I had no idea he had packed. I looked at him with questioning eyes but he just shook his head and smirked at me.

"You didn't think I would come unprepared right?" he teased and I shrugged.

"How would I know? We've only known each other for a month" I said back with a poker face.

He raised his eyebrow and I burst into laughing. He rolled his eyes and locked the car before taking my hand and dragging me with him into the woods. I intertwined our fingers automatically and I glanced at him a little now and then when I didn't try to locate us.

"So this is why you told me to take these boots on me" I asked and he hummed.

"I didn't want your feet to get tired" he said but I knew there was another reason.

"Yeah because that's the only reason" I chuckled sarcastically.

After a few minutes of silence he opened his mouth to answer back.

"Plus I didn't want to hear you going on and on about your feet hurting" he said teasingly and I laughed.

"There we had it" I said and laughed.

I pecked his cheek as we continued to walk wherever he was leading me.

"Are we going to walk much longer?" I asked looking around at the sudden wall of mountain that was starting to appear not far ahead of us.

"Nope, not much longer" he said and winked at me. "Why? You tired?" he asked and I shook my head.

"No, not tired. Just curious where you're taking me since you haven't told me a thing" I said and he chuckled.

"Too curious for your own good" he mocked before he quickly pecked my cheek and made a quick move to place himself in front of me, backing in the same pace as I was walking forward.