Chapter 6 - Confusing Thoughts

Kate Beckett's POV

"What?!" I almost screamed.

I felt people around looking at us and Castle hushed me.

"You mean like, the last one ever?" I whispered hysterically.

He nodded as answer and I felt my heart drop a little. I looked down in the table, trying to process what he had just told me. Now I got it why he didn't want anyone else to hear, it was quite a big thing.

"Why?" I asked, still a bit hysterical.

As I looked up at him I saw a confident smile on his face.

"So. You are a fan" he said smirking and I rolled my eyes.

"Did you just say that to see my reaction? Cause in that case you're an ass" I said and I saw his smile fading a bit.

"No, I'm serious" he said and he ate the rest of his pommes frites.

"Then why?" I asked again and he sipped on his soda.

"Because I'm done with him, he's boring" he just said and I looked at him confused.

"Who?" I asked to make sure I was following.

"Derrick Storm, he's boring" he explained.

"How... how can a character you, yourself, made up be boring?" I criticized and he shrugged.

"I knew his every move. He wasn't a challenge anymore" he simply said and I could somehow understand what he meant.

I nodded and sipped on my drink before I checked my phone. I had one new message and when I opened my phone I could see it was from Lanie. I sighed as I saw her only question was if I had met with mr Castle and if he had made some kind of move yet.

"Work?" Castle asked and I looked at him.

"Mhmm, I should get going" I said as I started to raise from the table.

He joined me and we went to throw away the cartoons, since we still had soda left we kept the cups.

"This wasn't so bad principal, how about we do this again some time?" Castle asked as we walked towards his car.

I bit my lower lip and a big part of me wanted to say yes as the other part screamed at me that he was one of my student's parent and that he was annoying.

"Castle" I said and sighed "I don't think that would be a good idea" I started but he caught me off.

"Kate, if you want to then it is a good idea, screw work" he said and I looked at him as we stood by the car.

"I need to think about it, ok?" I finally said and we jumped into the car.

I could see him nodding and it didn't go long before we were at the school again. Before I could jump out Castle took my left hand and stopped me. I turned to him and gave him a questioning look which he avoided as he let go of my hand again. He jumped out and moved to my side of the car. He opened my door and held it up for me. I jumped out and he closed it behind me.

"Well, this was nice, thank you for the food Castle" I said and reached out my hand for him to take.

He looked at my hand and I saw a wrinkle form in his forehead, like he tried to make a decision about something. Before I could really react his hand was on my cheek and his lips touched mine. At first I was about to push him away but some mysterious force kept me from following the rational part of my brain. His lips were so soft, yet the kiss was passionate and I couldn't stop myself but kiss him back. I found myself wanting more and I felt his car hit my back as he softly pushed me against it, letting his body move closer to mine. His other hand found it's way to my hip and by accident he touched my bare skin where my shirt wasn't completely at it's place. I felt something electrical go through my body and I couldn't stop myself from brushing my tongue past his lips. Without hesitation he let me in and our tongues started a battle before it became a soft dance instead. His body was pressed against mine and I couldn't help but love the way it felt having his body so close to mine. Just as sudden as he had kissed me we both pulled away to catch our breaths.