Chapter 8 - Saturday Morning

Rick Castle's POV

I woke up with a strange feeling of happiness and when I opened my eyes I saw her laying right in front of me. Kate Beckett, the most beautiful woman I had ever laid my eyes on. I smiled at the thought of being in the same bed as her. She looked so peaceful, so relaxed, in her sleep. It felt like we had known each other for years, when we'd only known each other for two days. It was crazy how enchanted I already was with her. It was hard for me trying not to touch her while she laid there in front of me, with an angelic smile on her lips and probably dreaming about something as beautiful as her. Her hair was a bit messy but it still looked absolute perfect. I never wanted to leave this bed, I wanted to stay in this moment forever, just watching her sleep. Not a worry showing in her adorable face. But I knew I had to do something, something that she could wake up to. I felt like I had to go make breakfast for her, she would probably be hungry when she woke up. So as quietly as I could I moved out of bed, but first I couldn't help myself but gently touch her cheek with my lips. She moaned quietly before she returned to the undisturbed sleep she had been in. I put on my clothes and sneaked out into the kitchen. I searched through the fridge and found the ingredients I needed. I decided to make pancakes, scrumbled eggs and some bacon. I didn't know what she liked and since I found all of the ingredients I needed for those things I decided to make them. I also made some coffee so it could be done once the food was. As I started with the food I thought about her. About the way her lips felt against mine. About what could lay ahead of us. I really wanted to stay in her life, become a part of her everyday. I couldn't believe I was thinking about this already, none had made me feel this way or this fast before. I couldn't stop thinking about her, not since I had met her only two days ago, when she had called me in because my daughter had pranked her teacher. Speaking of daughter, I took out my phone and texted my mother asking if everything had been good, I also told her that it might take a while before I got home and if there was anything she should just call me. When I was done with the food I found a plate which I put the food on and then I searched for a tray. As soon as I found one I put the plate with the food on it and poured coffee in a cup which I also sat on the tray. I looked around, it didn't feel right with not having a flower or something else on the tray making it prettier. I saw a vase with roses in it and went over to it. I prayed she would forgive me as I took one of the roses and broke off the flower from the stem and put the red rose on the tray. I threw the stem in the trashcan and ran a hand through my hair, taking a deep breath.

"Let's go" I whispered to myself as I took the tray in my hands and headed off to the bedroom.

Kate Beckett's POV

I was dreaming about him. About the man who had showed up at my apartment. The man who had kissed me and even though it felt so wrong it had felt so right. Wrong because he was a parent to one of the kids at my school, and also because he seemed to be a pretty childish person, at least according to our first meeting. But it felt right because... well, yeah... it just did. It felt like we belonged together, and every time he touched me, or kissed me, I felt this energy inside me which I had never felt before in my entire life. It felt right, he felt right. As I started to wake up I remembered the night before. Remembering how gentle he had been, always making sure I really was okay with it. We did manage to decide not to go further than kisses and touching. It had been his idea, not to go too far. He didn't want me to wake up in the morning regretting it all, didn't want me to not be able to make the right decisions while being a bit affected by the wine I had been drinking. I was glad he had stopped me, even though I now knew I wouldn't have regretted it I was relieved he cared about me enough to stop me from doing something I might not completely be into. I smelled food and I couldn't help but try to pull me further out of the sleep. When I finally was able to open my eyes I saw Castle stand beside the bed looking down at me. I smiled and closed my eyes again. That's when I felt the bed change and then I felt his lips smoothly touch mine. Automatically I returned his kiss and he seemed to have a hard time pulling away from me now. I giggled and he broke loose.