Chapter 32 - Coney Island

Kate Beckett's POV

I felt a gaze lay on me as I slowly woke up from the land of dreams. The second I woke up I knew exactly who it belonged to and without open my eyes I decided to let him know I knew he was watching.

"You know staring is creepy" I mumbled before I peeked at him.

He was lying beside me with his whole body turned to mine, just like mine was turned towards him. 

"Only if the one staring is a stalker, not a lover" he defended with a big smile.

I chuckled and noticed his hand lying between our heads with his palm up. I laid my hand on top of his and intertwined our fingers with gentle movements.

"We should get up and get ready" I said low and he gave me a questioning look. "I promised Alexis we would go to Coney Island today, our first official act as a real family" when I completed the sentence his lips were drawn up into a wide smile and he leaned forward to kiss me softly.

The kiss was filled with love and when I pulled away for air his lips continued with a line of kisses down my jaw towards my neck where he stopped to suck my pulse, I knew he was going to give me a hickey but I didn't care. His touch made me feel the things I always felt with him.Things that made my body ache for more.

"Castle" I moaned, "we should get going" I tried to say as normal as I could.

"I know" he mumbled against my skin sending shivers down my spine. 

I knew I should push him away but I couldn't do it, I was hooked on the feeling his lips gave me. To both my relief and my disappointment his phone started ringing. He groaned into my neck and pulled up to kiss my lips one last time before he reached for his phone.

"It's mother" he informed before he answered it.

I smiled as I quickly got out of the bed before he managed to find an excuse to hang up to continue what we didn't have time for. I took out clothes I had left in his loft when we broke up. Since it had to end so quick I hadn't had the time to pack down the stuff I had at his place and since I didn't want them in trouble again I didn't go to get it back after that day. I put on my clothes and turned to Castle as he talked to his mother.

"Yes, that's why" he said and I wondered what he was talking about.

I had been lost in my own thoughts so I hadn't really heard the start of his half of the conversation. I turned towards his drawer and pulled out clothes for him to wear, if I knew him he would try to get inside my pants even though we didn't have time for it. And I was determined not to keep Alexis waiting. Thanks to what we achieved the day before we had plenty of time for those activities later.

"Tell Alexis we'll be there at your hotel to pick you up in an hour" Castle said and I gave him a look, "wait, make that half an hour" he said in a defeated tone and I grinned at him.

He hung up the phone and I threw the clothes towards him. 

"Joykiller" he muttered and I laughed at his grumpy mood.

"We have plenty of time for that later" I teased as I walked towards him and bent down to kiss his lips.

Without any warning he grabbed a hold of my hips and pushed me down beside him on the bed. His hand travelled inside my shirt and I shivered at his touch. I laughed at his eagerness but efter a few minutes I felt him slow down, he didn't need to hurry anything. He knew as clear as me we would be able to do whatever we wanted later, when we were not expected.

"We should go, I love how eager you always seem to be over going out with Alexis" he said as he ran one of his fingers down my cheek.

He smiled down at me and kissed my lips one last time before he got up to put on his clothes. I got up from the bed and made my way over to the bathroom were I looked myself in the mirror, seeing my swallowed lips.