Chapter 75: What a guild's about

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Lucy: Business ? With me ?

Yukino: Yes. I have important business with you, lady Lucy.

Natsu: ... What is Saber trying to pull ?

"I... Really don't think this has anything to do with Saber. Please, go straight to the point."

Yukino: This may be a bold request, but... These... The key of the paired fish and the key of the heavenly scales... I'd like for you to have the two of these, lady Lucy.

Lucy: EH ?! That's... Impossible. I-I can't take them...

Yukino: When I saw you on the first day, I decided that after the games had ended, I would give you these keys.

"They... Haven't ended yet, have they ?"

Yukino: My games have ended. Lady Minerva will probably be added in my place. With this, the "Strongest 5" that changed Sabertooth have been gathered.

Mew: But, so then... You mean you weren't a part of them ?

Yukino: I had just entered... I was nothing more than a substitute for lady Minerva, who was in the middle of a job.

Wendy: But why ? These are your precious stellar spirits, aren't they ?

Yukino: precisely for that reason... These stellar spirits will be happier, as well, if they're entrusted to lady Lucy, who's a far more outstanding stellar spirit mage than me.

Lucy: T- That's quite a happy request, but... I mean, for me...

Yukino: You've already gathered 10 of the 12 golden keys of the zodiac. With these two added... The 10 keys will have all been gathered. The gateway that changes the world will open.

Lucy: the gateway that changes the world ?

Yukino: It's just an old legend. I don't understand the meaning of it, either. You might have noticed this already, but... Over the past several years, the number of stellar spirits mages has dropped precipitously. There was that Zentopia incident some time ago, as well. We might be the only stellar spirit mages left, now.

'Any idea what this means ?'

Mew: 'Not a clue. Just pretend like you know and don't say anything.'

Yukino: You're one that loves and is loved by stellar spirits. You should carry the 12 keys and walk together with the spirits.

Lucy: ... I can't accept them, after all. Stellar spirit magic is a magic of bonds and trust... There's no way that owners can be switched quite so easily.

Yukino: This wasn't... An easy resolution to come by. No... I figured you would say that. When the time comes, the 12 keys will naturally be reunited again. It'd be nice if we could meet again.

Natsu: Hey ! Wait up !

Happy: Wait !

Yukino: Natsu sir... Happy sir...

"2 out of 3. Not bad."

Natsu: Ah... Sorry, sorry. You're not a bad person.