Chapter 5: Armored mage

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"2 MILLION ?!! You refused 2 MILLION jewels ?!!"

Lucy: Natsu refused it... How am I gonna pay my rent now... ?

Turns out Natsu and Happy tricked Lucy into helping them on a job, and ended up refusing the reward, since they didn't really complete the job.

Mew: Well, sucks to be you.

"It's still early in the month, you've got plenty of time to do other jobs."

Lucy: I guess... "Search for a magic bracelet... Remove curse from a cursed stick... Fortune telling love with astrology... Exterminating a devil on a volcano ?!"

"Oh, that one's for me. I'll take it."

Lucy: There are many types of requests...

Mirajane: If you find anything that interests you, let me know, since master's not here right now.

Lucy: Huh ? Oh yeah, you're right.

Mirajane: he has to intend the regular meeting, so he'll be out for a while.

"Regular meeting ? I haven't been around for long, what is that ?"

Mirajane: it's a meeting where guild masters from different provinces come to report about their guilds; It's different from the council meeting, but... Ummm... I guess it can be a bit confusing. Reedus, can I borrow your light pen, please ?

Reedus: Oui.

*Magic item: Light pen. Use it to write in the air. 72 colors available.*

Mirajane: The ten council members who have connections to the government hold the highest position in the magic world. They exist to protect the order in the mage world. They also try mages who commit crimes in the guilds. Guild masters are right underneath them, their job is to smoothen communication between guilds in every province and to notify their guilds about council decisions, as well as bringing them together... It's quite a hard job to do.

Lucy: I had no idea that each guild has a connection with one another.

Mirajane: Connections between guilds are important. If you neglect these... You know...

Natsu: People from the darkness will come to get youuuuu.

Lucy: HIEEEK !!!

"Were you behind us this whole time, Natsu ? But disputable jokes apart, those 'from the darkness' guys really exist."

Mirajane: yes, we call whatever guild that doesn't belong to the league a "dark guild".

Natsu: They don't follow the law, so they're scary.

Happy: Aye.

Lucy: They'll come to recruit you one day, then.

"I believe some of them already tried... Ashes in the wind now."

Natsu: Either way, why don't you choose a job already, Lucy ?

Happy: We chose the last one without consulting you last time, so it's your turn to pick, Lucy.

Lucy: Don't joke around !! We're splitting up.

Natsu: Why ?

Lucy: You wouldn't mind taking in just any blond girl, would you ?!