Chapter 21: Fairy Law

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

3rd Person POV:

Jose: Well, Gajeel really was defeated, after all. In the end, I couldn't rely on anyone except myself.

Erza: Ngh... Ghh...

Jose: But it looks like the Salamander was also brought down by the fight. With him and Giratina out, you don't stand a ghost of a chance.

 Jose: Do you understand why is that I didn't killed Makarov outright ? Despair

Jose: Do you understand why is that I didn't killed Makarov outright ? Despair. It was to show him despair. How would he feel to open his eyes and find his beloved guild and his beloved friends all completely destroyed ? Ahahah... Such sorrow he would feel... I WILL KILL THAT MAN ONCE I HAVE MADE HIM KNOW DESPAIR AND SORROW !!! I CANNOT SIMPLY KILL HIM !! I MUST MAKE HIM SUFFER, SUFFER, SUFFER TO THE VERY END !!!

Erza: How disgusting...

Jose: Phantom Lord was always the number one guild... In this whole country, our magic was unsurpassed, our member's talent was unsurpassed, and our funds were unsurpassed ! ... But then, in the space of a few years, Fairy Tail came to power. Erza and Laxus, Mystogan and Gildarts... their names spread as far as my own hometown, and rumors of Giratina and the Salamander spread throughout the whole country.

Jose: Before I knew it, these two guilds, Phantom Lord and Fairy Tail came to represent this country. I just couldn't stand it... them, who started out as a shitty, pathetically weak little guild !!

Erza: Are you telling this war is all because of some pathetic little jealousy ?!

Jose: Jealousy ? That's not it... We just wish to make it painfully clear who is truly superior here !

Erza: For... For a stupid reason like that ?!!

 Jose: Oh, that guild has been getting on my nerves for a long, long time

Jose: Oh, that guild has been getting on my nerves for a long, long time. But the trigger for this war was a trivial little matter. We received a request to recover the young heiress of the Heartfilia family.