Chapter 30

"What's going on here?"

Gakushuu's POV

My head snaps towards my bedroom door and see my father standing there with an unreadable expression on his face. The world seems to stand still as his eyes never left mine.

I hurriedly push Akabane off me and sit up.

"What is the meaning of this Gakushuu?" I flinch, knowing that he'll wait till I say something. God I fucked up.

"U-um..." he raises and eyebrow and shifts his gaze from me to Akabane who's been silent this entire time. I clench and unclench my hands, my heart pounding in my chest as the silence continues to ring in my ears. I tried to speak but my tongue felt like lead, my throat like sandpaper.

"Karma Akabane. Care to explain what you are doing in my house?" What the hell could he even say?!

Maybe this is when he disowns you.

I feel my hands tremble and I bite my lips harshly. Why does this keep happening to me? Can I just get a break please?

"Sorry principal sir. I decided to hang out with Gaku-chan over the weekend." Well I guess this is where is say goodbye to life. Sure Akabane won't have to suffer the consequences but me on the other hand, I'm definitely gonna get a harsher punishment.

"Is this true Asano?" I slowly make eye contact with my father and nod stiffly. He narrows his eyes and I instantly correct myself before my punishment could get worse.

"Yes sir." He continues staring me down, his eyes held no emotions and his expression never changed but I can already tell what he was saying with his aura.

We will talk about this later.

Ah I knew it.

He walks out of my room and shuts the door a little louder than I hoped for.

It was silent between us. I am so screwed. And once again it's all Akabane's fault.

"Well... that was awkward." He laughed awkwardly and I glare at him.

"If you hadn't come, it would've been fine. He probably thinks we were doing something weird! Why can't you just leave me alone?! If you did, things like this wouldn't happen!" He holds his arms up in a surrender position.

"Woah Gaku-chan. Calm your tits. It's not like he'll kill you." I didn't reply and my eyes drop to my intertwined hands once again.

I'd rather he kill me than anything at this point.

Of course he wouldn't understand the position I'm in. He lives alone so people being at his house wouldn't be anything new but I don't have that luxury.

"You won't get it." He sighs and moves from the bed to the floor in front of me.

"You're right. I won't get it, so tell me so I understand." I blink. Then I blink again.

I say the only thing that made sense in my brain.

"Huh?"

He sat there in front of me, not a hint of playfulness on his face. I look towards my window to avoid his unbreakable eye contact.

Since when did he ask stuff like this? Usually he would just kid around more and end up making me more angry.

"What do you mean?"

"Tell me so I understand why you're so worked up over this. Yes I did come into your house without a notice and yes that is a reason for you to be mad. So tell me what I don't understand now that I told you what I did understand." The silence blanketed the atmosphere.