Chapter 29

⚠️ warning ⚠️
Chapter contains slurs and thoughts of self harm. Proceed with caution

                                                                ********************************************

Gakushuu's POV

I stared at the front door of my house. I don't want to be here. I don't want to go inside but I have no choice. I pray silently that Bitch sensei hadn't contact my father about the worksheet incident.

I mean it wasn't my fault right?

I mean I might've deserved it but it wasn't me who threw them away.

I take a shaky inhale and turn the key in the lock. I open the door slowly, avoiding to make any noise.

Is father home yet? I don't want to run into him.

I feel my eyes sting from the panic attack and crying I did earlier today.

I never cried this much before. I never cried at school, or even made a fuss over anything no matter how big it was cuz I easy able to fix it somehow.

Ever since I moved to e-class, I've been going through a whirlwind of emotions and it's tiring to say the least.

I pull my shoes off and tiptoe to the stairs.

I stiffen and hold my breath when I hear footsteps behind me.

Was it footsteps or my paranoia?

I turn my head slightly and I see nothing behind me and I let out the breath I was holding.

I run up the stairs as quietly and quickly as possible. I slam my door shut as soon as I enter and drop my bag down next to my desk.

I collapse into my desk chair and lean forward and rest my chin on my crossed arms.

Peering out the window in front of my desk, I see other school kids walking home with their friends, talking and laughing.

Have I ever had that experience? Have I ever had a real friend that I spent time with?

I know no one at school really wants to be friends with me. They're just around to have a better reputation or gain the benefits of being "friends" with the principal's son.

I mean my group back in a-class was only around for work and we never really talked about anything that wasn't related to work.

Then what about Akabane?

I stiffen.

What is he to me?

Would I consider him a friend? What do friends do anyways?

I've never had a real friend to know this stuff. A tired sigh escapes my mouth. Life just keeps getting worse and the more I get lost in my thoughts, the worse my life seems to be.

I close my eyes and listen to the air con in my room hum. I feel exhaustion overcome me.

The small bump on my head seems to have gotten bigger and the pain was a little more noticeable now that I don't have a distraction.

I groan and stand from my desk, heading towards the mirror and leaning closer to inspect the bump on my forehead. It didn't seem to be too visible, just more defined when I touch it. My eyes travel down from the bump to my eyes.

I wince at my eyes that had reddened and the dark eye bags. They seem to get worse at each passing day, with no sign of disappearing. I tear my eyes away from the mirror from looking at myself any further.