Chapter 23

I fire the bullet...

One of Korosensei's tentacles landed on the ground with a heavy thud.

I can't believe it.

I just shot my own teacher and I even managed to actually land a hit. I see many other students turn their head towards me in disbelief.

I was in disbelief. I was not expecting to actually hit him.

"Nice one Gaku-chan!" I ignore Akabane and watch the lifeless tentacle be lifted off the ground by Korosensei. What am I supposed to do now?

I awkwardly sit back on the chair, dropping the gun back near the leg of my desk.

Nothing was said and silence flooded the room.

I fucked up didn't I?

Of course I did.

Plus that was super disrespectful. What was I thinking?!

"Gakushuu-kun, I'm impressed that you hit me." I peer into Korosensei's never ending smile.

"I should probably keep an eye on you nurfufufufufufufu. Keep up the good work." I watch with disgust and a slight bit of interest as Korosensei's tentacles regrew quickly.

He turns back around and continues to teach on the blackboard as if I didn't just shoot him a couple of seconds ago.

I continue writing down notes into my workbook, ignoring all the whispering around me.

I'm sure some of them are not even talking about me but it's kind of hard to not believe that everyone is whispering and hating me more.

What do I need to do to make them like me?

I haven't been mean to them in the slightest ever since I moved to e-class. I mean the only nice thing I've received was Karma making me eat something because he thought I was too skinny.

He might be making fun of me and the fact that he might be trying to take advantage of me is still fresh in my mind but everything is going downhill in my life, I just want to believe someone likes me even if they really don't.

"Okay everyone, I'm going to put up a couple of questions on the board and I want you all to answer them. If you finish I want you to stand up so I can record your time." Korosensei says before writing up around 24 questions in mach 20 speed.

"You may start now." I will admit, the questions were really easy and I went through them pretty quickly but I don't want to be the first to stand up first.

That is a completely different thought from the Gakushuu in a-class.

I hear a chair being scraped back. I peer behind me and see Akabane stand up proudly.

He's actually quite fast. Not as fast as me but really close. Korosensei writes down, what I assume is the time for Akabane just when Nagisa stands.

Maybe I should stand up now.

I ended up standing around he 7th last person. I got a lot of surprised looks from a lot of the students but I didn't pay too much attention.

Akabane came to me after class and we both walked home together. I don't know why he chose to walk with me when his house was closer to Nagisa's.

"I know you finished earlier than me Gaku-chan, how come you didn't stand up?" I don't reply. What do I say to that? I wanted to fit in? I wanted people to hate me less? He'll just make fun of me for not have any social skills and how pathetic I am.