Chapter 14

Previously on chapter 13

"I'm sorry but your son has......."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Karma's POV

"I'm sorry but your son has...gone into a coma."

"W-what." I hear principal Gakuhō stutter out in a whisper.

"From the amount of pills your son took and the amount of blood he lost, his body panicked and shut it's self down." The doctor explains in a grim tone.

"When will he wake up." Gakuhō asks his voice cracking slightly.

"We are not quite sure but maybe in three or four days. But it may take longer."

I don't hear anything from the principal. I guess he needs some time to absorb the news. I feel kinda bad for him, I mean his only son just tried to kill himself.

"He is still asleep in the room, but you may go and see him." The doctor says turning around. Principal Gakuhō follows swiftly behind him.

We arrive at room a room with the number '5' engraved into the door. The doctor twisted the door knob and pushed the door open, revealing Asano laying calmly in the hospital bed.

I let principal Gakuhō walk in first and I follow after him. There was a heart monitor beeping silently next to him and multiple IV tubes strapped onto his scarred arm.

I sit on one of the chairs on one side of the bed and his dad sat on the other side. We were both just watching at him, neither of us saying a word.

His face was still pale and the dark eye bags were still very visible. His chest was rising and falling, showing that he was very much alive.

Maybe I should leave, so principal Gakuhō can stay with his son for a while. But maybe I should stay, incase he wanted something.

Heh you're probably like, "oh mah god! Karma is being nice?!" To be honest, I'm saying that to myself too. I guess I just feel bad for the man. He probably wouldn't want to do anything but stay with Asano.

I think I should stay, just in case. I clear my throat softly before looking a the principal.

"Umm...do you want me to get you something?" I ask softly. He looks up at me, I don't know what kind of emotion was on his face. It was a mix I guess.

Guilt, pain, embarrassment, anger.

I'm not really sure. I was never good at reading people's emotions. He nods his head and opens his wallet.

"Just buy the cheapest thing there is for me and buy something for yourself too." He speaks quietly and looks back at his son.

I nod my head and walk out the door. I check the amount of money he gave me. He gave me quite a lot. I guess I can buy something really small but it really depends on the quality of the food I guess.

I walk into the hospital cafe and walk up to the counter. There was donuts, cake, small meals and other food. He said to get the cheapest so I guess I should go with the macaroons and a coffee which. He did tell me to get something too, so maybe I will get a velvet cake and a coffee.

I tell the cashier the food and told her to but them in two separate bags and paid the amount it costed. She places each of the sugary snacks into two bags and hands me two coffees in a coffee holder. I grab a few packets of milk and sugar and walk out of the cafe.

I walk towards the elevator and almost bump into someone. I quickly dodge the person before they walked into me. I turn around to flip her off but before I could she quickly apologizes.

It wasn't a sincere one though. I can tell she didn't want to be here. Before I could take my chance to flip her off her eyes widen and she struts towards me with a "seductive" smile.

"Hey I'm sorry. I didn't see you there. Who you here for?" She asks, her voice sounding like a total bitch.

"I'm here for a friend." I say clearly annoyed, trying to indicate my annoyance to her.

"Well, why don't you just ditch them and come with me. I can give you a great time." She winks and giggles like a mad man.

I sigh with frustration. I don't want want to deal with this right now.

"Look, I'm not leaving my friend for a bitch like you. So move your bitch ass face away from me and find a cheap prostitute or something." I grit out before turning around and walking towards the elevator.

I press the 'up' button and wait patiently for elevator to arrive. I look around the silent room and shift from foot to foot. The elevator is taking forever and I'm dying of old age.

Ding

Finally! I step into the elevator and press the third level. I suddenly hear elevator music playing silently in the background.

Ummmm....okay then.......

Who the hell puts elevator music in an elevator in a hospital?! It makes it seem less formal and shit like that. Plus the music doesn't even go with the colour theme in the elevator. The elevator was lavender and has little lights at the top. The music definitely doesn't match.

I reach the third level and walk towards room number five. I open the door as silently as possible and tip toe in. I guess Gakuhō didn't notice me come in since he was talking to Asano's sleeping body.

"Why would you do this. Are you trying to ruin my reputation? I love you but this makes me look like a bad father. I'm sorry that I didn't show my caring nature to you but I am a busy man you know." Wait. Ruin his reputation!?! What does he mean ruin his reputation?!

I walk towards him, trying to make myself obvious. He jumps slightly before turning to me with his eyes wide. I place the macaroons in his hands and a coffee.

I sit across him and stare as he continues gazing at his son. I really want to ask him what he meant when he said what he did.

Doesn't his son mean more to him that his reputation. Plus he didn't even sound genuine when he said he loved Asano. I can feel anger boiling up inside of me.

Even my mother is better than this! Even if she's always away, she calls me every night and tells me how much she loves me. If she isn't able to call me, she leaves a fucking message telling me why she wasn't able to call.

I gaze at Asano's sleeping face. This is probably why he was feeling depressed. He has a shitty father to deal with. I mean he might have his reasons but you don't go and tell your depressed son that his reputation is more important than them!

I stand up hastily and stare intensely into the principal's eyes.

"I should be going now. I have things at home I need to attend to." I say calmly and bow. He nods and looks back at Asano. I sigh and walk out of the hospital room and towards the elevator.

When I reach the ground level, I spot the bitch clinging onto another man and probably trying to convince him to fuck her. I roll my eyes and leave the building.

I hope Asano will be okay