Chapter 2

Asano's POV

I open my eyes slowly, feeling sick. I swing my legs over the edge of the bed and shut my eyes for a minute to stable my brain. I stand up with shaky legs and trudge to the bathroom to get ready for school.

My head was pounding and I felt like I was on the verge of throwing up. I looked in the mirror and shivered at the ugly sight. My hair was messy, I look sickly pale and my eyes were blood-shot red. I splash water onto my face and hang my head.

My head ache was getting worse and worse. Why does my head even hurt? I shook my head trying to clear my head, that just made it worse. I wince and sit down one the toilet seat, with my head in my hands. I peak at the small, black clock that hung on the wall.

I was gonna be late so I stood up and carefully made my way to the sink again and begin brushing my teeth. I walk out of the bathroom and towards my closet where my school uniform was hung messily on a hanger. I pull the uniform off the hanger and trudge tiredly to the bathroom again.

I'm walking way to slow, I'm definitely going to be late at this rate. I don't care to be honest. If dad doesn't care, then why should I? I only went to school, study and actually try just because I wanted my father to be proud of me.

After getting dressed I walk downstairs in the kitchen. I don't feel like having breakfast, definitely when I feel like I'm about to throw up. I grab my bag which probably had the wrong books but like I said before, I don't care.

I check my phone for the time.

8:45

I'm definitely late.

I look round wearily at the trees bushes that were littered around the area. A small smile crept its way onto my face. I really love nature, it always calms me down even if I'm in a grouchy mood.

I walk into the school and towards the administration to inform them i was at school. It's probably half way through class. I reach the double doors to the administration.

"How can I help you?" A lady that I didn't recognize said without looking up. She must be new...
"I arrived late for school. I'm here to make sure you put me as late..." I say, not bothering whether or not she cared about my explanation.
She typed quickly on the computer before asking for my name.
"Asano Gakushuu." I say quietly. She looks up quickly with wide eyes before looking back at the computer.

After she signed me off, I walk slowly to my classroom. The others are probably wondering where I am. I mean, I'm never late and the only day I was not at school was when I was sick with a really bad flu and I was forced to stay home.

My classroom came into view, causing me to sigh heavily. I can feel my headache growing stronger making it hard for me to keep my eyes open. It hurts to even keep my eyes open for a second. Maybe I should have stayed home...

And become more of a failure?

I shake my head from the thought making me groan from the pain. I reach the door and knock lightly waiting for the teacher to open it.

I hear the talking inside the classroom stop and I can hear high heels tapping its way to the door. The door opens and my English teacher appears in front of me.

"Gakushuu?" She asks as if she was seeing things.
"I'm sorry I'm late." I quickly say before continuing to stare at her. She looks way to surprised. She opens the door wider, allowing me to enter the classroom.