Chapter 1. Meet the Singhanias

🎵Birthday Bash 🎵 

Rhythm of claps.

Unmelodious chorus of song sung. Crowd echoed beside me. Crowd echoed behind me.

Some asked me to blow the on the coloured candles. Some asked me to make a wish. A few of them patted on shoulder and pointed at camera, so they could capture my cake cutting moment. A few insisted to cut the cake so soon they could devour it. Other than the crowd, my attention was set on a particular person. Who though was standing in the crowd but was still standing out with his six feet and one inches height and crisp black suit perfectly hugging him, looking  straight at me with his onyx eyes unusually warm and small smile tugged at his lips. I sliced the cake, took a piece of it, and rushed towards the crowd. To him.

"Happy Birthday, beta." His voice cut through the music and chattering of people.

The first piece of the cake is offered to the person who's the closest to us and is the most special, and for me it's my brother. The person who gave up on his childhood for raising me, the person who pampered me. Who guided me. Who held my hand while crossing the street. Who soothed me while, I was petrified from my nightmares. Who wiped my tear. Who scolded me, then sweet talked to make my tears stop. Who did everything for me. Who loved me the most. He's not only my brother but my guardian angel. Who accepted me without any conditions.

Breaking a piece of the cake slice I held, he fed me a bite of the red velvet creamy cake. Doing the same, I beamed at him with my teeth on show. "Thank you bhai," I leaned over to him, clutching his torso, my head rested on his chest, his long fingers caressed my hair. The moment his body cashed into mine, warmth and love enveloped me. I felt at home. It felt beautiful. After years of  hating my birthdate, I could finally cherish it. I had celebrated my birthday every year, the parties too were a terrible moment for me. And with him, my birthday celebrations became a little more tolerable- however my hatred for this date remained the could not change.

"Come Roshni." Brown eyes, petite frame. A shade of brown darker than her eyes falls down her shoulders. Soft makeup enhancing her features. Sonam, the person who was my best friend  came towards us. Her palm intertwined with mine, she pulled me to the wooden dance floor. The only few of my friends I had and other people who were strangers to me and acquittances to my brother, swayed their bodies on the tunes of a Hollywood track blasting through the speakers. Being the pathetic dancer I was, I could hardly do a step or two. 

Quarter to one in the morning, it was. 

 Loads of dancing. Tales of gossips. Laughters that led to tears in eyes. Heartily eating the spread of buffet. The photo sessions that made me feel like a model.  An evening that would be remembered for years and years. The evening ended, the party was over. there were at least around. The fancy crowd of four hundred something people, which was made by my friends, a few of family friends, business partners, and a few of office staff. Most of then resorted back to their homes.