Chapter 15: Sangeet Night

🎵 Gud Naal Ishq Mitha🎵 (Ek ladki toh dekha toh aisa laga)

"Damn man it's scary, should I cancel it?" I asked Ahana the same question, which I already repeated for some hundred and fifty fifth time, she just like the usual times, rolled her eyes and gestured at the sheet kept in front of me, then she said...

"Damn man it's scary, should I cancel it?" I asked Ahana the same question, which I already repeated for some hundred and fifty fifth time, she just like the usual times, rolled her eyes and gestured at the sheet kept in front of me, then she said,"memorize it."

Snorting, I looked at the sheet and started revising the few words I had penned down for bhai, which I also had to deliver later, today at the sangeet night.

My cousins wanted to perform today, but were denied because of some anonymous reasons, later Dhruv bhaiya said we can dance on mehendi function which will only be held between the ladies of both families, while the men will be having their cocktail party, initially the women were also invited and included for the cocktail party, later, dadaji decided to make it an affair only among the men, since a few of his invitees had issues with in-taking alcohol with kids and women present at the same place.

It's just a few minutes for sangeet to start, I was all dressed up in my super mesmerising ivory lehenga, which got zari work in silver color, My ears were holding silver earrings on, completing my look along with the Jimmy Choo shoes, I was gifted yesterday. I had brought a pair of shoes to go with this outfit, but then I couldn't wait to wear those beautiful Cinderella heels.

Now I just have to revise this and to not make a fool of myself on the stage.

Clink* Clink*

The sound of mic being tapped, brought my along with some seven hundred of people gathered here in our colossal courtyard, to the stage which was set up on one side, surrounded by round tables with 8 chairs in each table, which had a cream coloured cloth laid on them, with a clear glass vase, having a roses in them, the tables were assigned for the guests.

" Good evening, and warm welcome to all of you. Your presence is greatly appreciated by The Singhanias and the Negi's. As we all know we have gathered here today for the Sangeet of Multi billionaire Mr Agastya Singhania, the grandson of businessman Raja Veer Shekhar Singhania and son of one of the biggest hotelier and travels company owner Mr Rohan Singhania. And Ms Niharika Negi granddaughter of Mr Keshav Negi. For the beginning for this beautiful musical evening I request the presence of the talented dancing group from Rajasthan." The anchor finished of his blabbering, and the dancers came in.

Slow Claps! My family had arranged this sangeet just for showing off their wealth, one-after-one professional artists from all over India came and performed. Though their were a few performances form the girls family also.
The anchor was also paid by our family, no wonder he gave such long introduction for bhai and a single lined for the Niharika.

I read the lines for one last time, my speech is now the next performance, after that only a few dances will be left.

"Fantastic! The dances were fantastic. Thank you dear artist for making this evening soulful. Now I would like to call Ms Roshni-" Before the anchor could even finish I saw stares on me, other then my cousins nobody else knew about it, " Mr Singhania's younger sister on stage to speak a few words about the most eligible bachelor getting married." He tapped a spoon on the glass of champagne he held in his hands.