Chapter 2. The ol' town.

🎵Nahi Lagda🎵

Shimla. 

The capital of Himachal Pradesh. The name famously known as the Queen of hills. It has the best of things. The hills. The education institutes. The apples. The hats. The scenic beauty. Victorian architectures. Everything there is beautiful. Except the memories.

"Roshni." Bhai's voice brought me out of my trance. Looking up at him. Narrowed look, I received. 

"Beta, where are you lost? I have been calling you since a minute." Concern laced his eyes. Concern laced his voice. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"No, I wasn't lost. I jus- just.... I w-was thinking something." My shoulders shook themselves to shudder off the thoughts. 

"Don't worry about anything." He placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. " I'm going to be there with you." He added and pulled back his hands..  Lips curled in a  smile. I gave a nod to him.  "I was saying, I will directly meet you at the airport, driver will drop you there," pocketed his hands, he looked at me for a reply. I nodded. "Make sure you take Anita with you." He continued instructing, left again.

.....

Anita packed my luggage.  The hairdresser blow dried my hair, soft curls fell down my shoulders. 

We left for the airport. The ride was non chaotic event, quiet, we reached the place under an hour. My brother with Sameer, his personal assistant, stood near the entry gate. Giving them a smile, perhaps a formal one at the latter person and deep one to my sibling. The security check went quickly and we moved to the Private Jet terminal. Within a couple of minutes the jet had taken off. Brother and his personal assistant sat facing each other. They discussed, few files scattered on the table. I swiped and scrolled on my phone. Soon, I fell in slumber.

I felt someone waking me up. Fisted hands, I rubbed my eyes. My brother gave a small smile, "wake up. We have landed." We got outside the airport. Guards came with our luggage. Sameer opened the door of a black SUV. 

"Agastya Sahab. Agastya Sahab." Wavering voice caught our attention. Our heads snapped at source of it. An old man. Dressed in a white uniform. A hat on top of his head. Hands covered in gloves. He fastened his speed. Panting, he spoke, "Sahab, Raja Veer has sent me to pick you and Roshni Sahiba from here." 

"No we have our means of transportation. You may leave now." Bhai dismissed him.

"But chote sahab...." I couldn't hear the next words as bhai made me sit in the cab and had closed the door. Bhai then came after a few minutes and sat in the passenger seat.

"Bhai are we going to stay at home?"  I ask bhai.

Our home, family house.

"No we have a hotel booked, we'll be staying there," Bhai said.