Chapter 22: Let me party!

🎵Party on my mind🎵 (race 2)

It was just a few days since bhai's reception

It was just a few days since bhai's reception. All the elders had went back to Shimla, it was just our cousins left. Niharika, she left for Shimla just day after their reception, initially her pag- phera was scheduled four- fives days after the event.

However she couldn't handle the overwhelming conversation, the very next day she left for her home. Good thing was, she didn't tell anyone about the bitter conversation she had with her husband.

I needed and wanted to talk with bhai and his cold demeanour with his wife, him saying all that things that day, ended up with Niharika's broken state that night, and her hopeless talks. And specially them sleeping in different bedrooms. However, with our cousins not leaving my side, he and I couldn't hold a serious talk.

Though, I asked bhai, to call Niharika, and ask her well-being and when she'd be coming back. To which, he denied saying, she must be fine at her home and she can stay as long she pleases. With his zero cooperation, I called her once, with the chat not lasting even for ten minutes. After that day, none us were aware on what to converse about.

Things now were rolling off causally, everyone did their routine work, my cousins and I went to explore Delhi everyday till they were here. It was one such evening, we were sipping on our hot tea, the weather out side was pleasantly cool. And our dearest Kairav came up with an idea, which my cousins found, intelligent.

"No kairav. I don't think this is gonna work!" Ahana exclaimed, her eyes held great nervousness in it.

"You stay at home we will go and party." Manish gave a high-five to Kairav, getting an eye roll from Ahana in return.

"Yes it's gonna be fun." Deepalna bit on her garlic bread, her eyes glowing with excitement, "what do you think Roshni?" Raising her eyebrows, she looked at me from the rim of the cup, she drank from.

"Guys." I collected my words with, with thinking every aspect, then spoke,"bhai will chew me alive."

"Oh come-on, Agastya bhai loves you way too much to even scold you." Mahika rolling her eyes at me, shifted her sight to her phone.

Oh man, Mahika that's where you're mistaken, bhai can be all sweet and loving with me. But still there are times where he can give me a good hard scoldings, which often leave me with fat-salty tears dripping down my face. "No guys, we shouldn't go for the plan. It's dumb, you know." I whispered with a timid voice. I don't want to see the repercussions of him knowing our plan. He; with his intimidating personality, when gets angry, is really scary. His wrath petrifies me even when it's not me. It's not pleasant to receive the end of it. Also, I don't want him to be disappointed in me.

"Man, Roshni." Mahika began her rant, "you live in Delhi, you can visit pubs and bars, and then have fun. We in Shimla can't go for any parties like this."