Chapter 26:

🎵Just go hell🎵 (Dear Zindagi)

What just happened?

Niharika, why did she do that? Initially I felt she cared for me and thus she'd called Bhai home, so he could check on me, but the with all that she said on the table, it seemed she'd called him, so that she could compete with me.

Stunned, I am. With what all events took place, I am unable to speak or even think rationally.

All her caring gesture and concerned facade went in to the vain, she just scratched my worst and deepest wound.

I was eight, when my favourite Elsa doll was broken by Mahika, that doll dearest toy to me it was given by bhai, when he'd come home during one of his vacations. Even it were a doll, which totally contrasted to my brother, it reminded me of him. It was something, I would reach for, when I craved security. And my cousin had cut down the doll's hair and had messed up it's braid, maybe, because she was a bully and I were an easy victim for her, or maybe she was jealous that why was she never gifted such toy.

Just like, every other time, this time too my poor heart was devastated, and like the usual times, I couldn't do anything other than pouring down my heart's heavy grief from my eyes.

Another thing like the usual took place, my knight in shining armour appeared, which was totally surprising for me or even shocking, it was. He hadn't come from his office, somewhere from nearby, he came for me, from more than twelve thousand kilometres away.

My broken self was sobbing down on the floor, when came, wiping my tears, he made sit on my bed, him coming, unexpectedly, was enough for me to stop crying and smile. Till a tug in my heart reminded, he was here, to leave once again, and I query forward in front of him, he denied, saying he will stay with me. The eight year old me, was content with this, a giggle indicated my happiness.

Something different happened, after it. "You want to come to Stanford with me?" He asked, I had heard so much about it, the place where he was completing his degree, but had never visited it.

Nodding at him, I waited for to ask me to pack a few clothings and items I'd be needing there. He's taking me for a holiday, soon he'd leave me here, I explained my heart and soul, so they don't break for the number of time- I had lost the count of.

He didn't ask me to do anything, he excused himself for a minute, and left my room. Unaware of everything and too tired to think, I shrugged my shoulder and slept. The next day came sooner than expected, my brother asked me to get ready, doing so, the last I know, he was fighting with grandfather and our older uncle, then we were sitting on the first class flight to Delhi, and soon we were standing at Stanford, in front of his penthouse apartment.

I never asked him, when he'd be dropping me back to our home, thinking he would forget that and keep me with him. But hadn't he already planned, my whole life with him, which I didn't know, until he got me admitted in a school there.