Chapter 50 Paris?

A week went by the night we had dinner at bhai's friend's place

A week went by the night we had dinner at bhai's friend's place. I was bored to the core. Sonam was busy with my cousin. Niharika and I were still on the same block, that was- conversing when required, or when my brother was around. Talking about my brother, he was the usual- occupied with his work. Definitely not the cherry on cake, he started coming coming home late, and often had his dinners and lunches outside, with reason- working on some new project.

This afternoon he was home. After spending a couple of minutes in study, he moved to his room. I followed him to his room. White double doors with glass fixed in centre, golden door knobs, I oped the door. Peeking, he was nowhere to be found. The door of his en-dressing room was open, I assumed he was inside there. "Bhai, are you going to Paris?" I asked, while he was still inside. Even though I had done the bookings for their honeymoon, something inside me was unsettled. Were they really going together? Leaving me alone for a week. Fists rolled at the sides of my torso, eyes clenched shut as I waited for him to answer.

"Yes beta." Eyes opened perhaps widened. Clenched heart thudded loudly in my chest. They were going finally. I had to settle with the fact. They were leaving. The person who gave me roof to cover my head. Care, to be felt worthy. Love, to be felt needed. Home- to never get lost again. The contrast between a home and house were well known to me, the day I was left alone, had deciphered what a house was. The day my brother took me with him, explained me what home was. "Yes  Roshni, what were you saying?"

I let out a breath. Neck whiplashed at him. He hadn't heard me. Patiently he waited for me to repeat. His hands were full with rolled neck-ties. "Are y-you going Paris with Niharika?" They were going and nothing was bad in it.

"What made you think that?" Brow raised at me. He kept a couple of ties on the bed. He always packed his own luggage. Perfection. He didn't preferred staff packing his luggage. The latter was done, when he was in a hurry to leave.

"You're packing bags." Pink painted nails, index finger with single ring a butterfly engraved on it, pointed at the suitcase -leather skinned, black coloured- opened with a few pale and dark shirts, some suit blazers folded and packed neatly inside it.

His eyes shone in amusement. He shook his head. Messy raven hair fell over his head, "nahi baache." Long, lean fingers pushed hair back. "We are going." He sat against the foot of the bed, facing me.

("No, child.")

"We?" Shock carved my face. We? The world echoed in my mind. Even though it was so thoughtful of him to take me along. I did not want to go to their honeymoon. The thing sounded eerily weird.

His lips twitched in an upward curve momentarily, "yes, we." He pulled me beside him.

I sat down. Craned up my neck at him, "to Paris?"

He shook his head, "Athens." He got up from the bed. Picked up a tie from the ones he dumped earlier on a side of the mattress.

"Athens, why?"