Chapter 31: Just a mile!

🎵Chidiya🎵 (Vilen)

I don't know when these small talks became a part of our daily routine

I don't know when these small talks became a part of our daily routine. Bhai came from office just a few minutes ago. Coming to my room, he inquired if I'd my dinner and medicines, once he was satisfied with my answer, he was ready to leave, when I called for him and asked about his meal, he answered in yes. Patting my head, he jammed his hands inside his pockets.

It was a silence between us, not awkward, but eerie. He and I used to talk so much. Okay, I used to speak and he used to listen. He used to listen to literally all my stupid stuff, from the compete dramatic story of some short film to those extra, four thousand episodes dramas, from how my day went, to what this person did, all the gossips and all the I things used to say, he used to patiently hear them.

Now, this quietness between us is suffocating.

Not that he won't pay attention to my chattering now. Now also if I want to say something, he will definitely hear me out. It's me, I don't know what this say now, there is this strange, transparent wall between him and me.

Together but still far, we're.

This is what I was afraid of, him and I getting an emotional distance in between our bond. It's hard now, starting a conversation. I feel like, if all the time, I will keep talking to him, then when will Niharika spend time with him. Hers and my relation hasn't improved yet, we don't see each other much, conversing is something, we've even not tried.

I miss all the fun bhai and I used to have before his marriage. Whenever he used be at home, like a leech, I used to stick to him, every moment. He used to work in study, and I used to patter without stopping. We used to go for long drives with loud music, dinners and instead of having afters at the hotel, we'd go to different dessert boutiques. He used to take me for shopping, even though he never liked it. He used to tag me along,  in his business parties, not understanding a bit of it, I just used to trail behind him.

It's not how we spent our time, what mattered, was our togetherness. Without this invisible wall.

"Get up beta, we will go for a ride." Bhai's deep, husky voice entered my ears, breaking the little chain of my thoughts.

"Bhai I'm sick, you should go, with Niharika."
Realising I can't address my sister-in-law with the endearment used for addressing one's brother's wife, I settled on calling her by her name. I asked her if she was okay with me taking her name, with our age gap of ten years, saying she was alright with it, I called her with Niharika, there after.

"Roshni I'm not asking you. Now get up." He firmly said.

"But bhai." I want to come along, but I can't because you should spend time with your wife.
I have to lie, I really want to go on a long drive, with you. Just us, alone. Alone. Not with Niharika. I do like her, but it's just awkward. Specially with her sitting on the passenger seat and I on the back seat. Rather than that, I'll better stay at home.