Chapter9 : Udaipur 2

🎵 Aao Milo Chalo 🎵

Our authentic Rajasthani lunch was done in an hour or something, bhai made a few calls in lobby of the hotel, while I'd a stroll, glancing at the royal interiors, they were anything but brilliant

Our authentic Rajasthani lunch was done in an hour or something, bhai made a few calls in lobby of the hotel, while I'd a stroll, glancing at the royal interiors, they were anything but brilliant. The extravagant looks of the place made in feel as if it was a real palace and walking around I felt like a queen of that.

Bhai was still on his call when he nodded at me, gesturing to move out, turning on his heels, he was soon out my sight, clicking the last picture, I pocketed my phone and followed his suite. I went towards our black Audi which was parked outside the entrance of the hotel. Opening the back door of the car, I seated down myself. Bhai sat in the passenger seat with a chauffeur.

"Where should we first head to?" Bhai asked the person beside him, who was reversing the vehicle.

Pressing on the accelerator, he answered, "sir, I think we should first see the visit the City Palace, then we can go to the."

"Alright." Bhai answered with a curt nod.

The ride was almost quite except the driver telling about a few things here and there. I learnt his name was Abhinav. I recorded a few videos of the road we were travelling on. The car was soon stopped in front of a colossal palace. We steeped down the car and walked a few steps looking at the extraordinary sight in front of us. Abhinav was soon back after parking the car and tickets in his hand.

"This way sir." He gestured at towards the gate of the castle. Bhai placed his hand at the small of back and flashing a genuine smile at him, we moved forward.
With a few strides we were inside the gates, along with a few other tourists. Like the tourists, bhai and I weren't in too much of an awe, due to the fact our home in Shimla, is actually a palace and we'd spent plenty of time over there.

Still this was gorgeous. The granite exterior was complexly done. Windows and balconies were prominently visible from the ground, as we reached inside, we were smitten by the interiors, the exquisite mirror and silver work. A few pieces of fine paintings adored the old royal walls, there was also coloured glass embellished the estate. The corridors were in a zig zag pattern, which I learnt from the guide was to prevent unalarmed attacks by the nemesis. From the terrace, the city's view was visible and looked spectacular, the lake Pichola, was beauty, numbers of red and white boats were floating on the water, a few were tied up at some ghat.

We got back on the ground floor, after touring all the 11 palaces, we explored the tiny stores which sold handcrafted items and a boutique. Purchasing a few pieces of art, we got in our car to some other tourist spot. Subsequently we went to our hotel room, we'd a great sightseeing session, we looked around those vintage palaces, lakes- which were a delight, green gardens, temples, ancient forts and at last the Hathi Pol Bazaar or bada bazaar. It was a magnet for shopping lovers like me, the artistic articles they sold reflected the true essence of Rajasthan. From block-printed clothes to hand paintings on silk, from sliver ethnic jewellery to traditional home decor items everything was available there.