Chapter 47: Divorce?

🎵Tere Bina🎵

The double doors opened, with Niharika revealing her tear stricken face, her nose red along the rim of her eyes in the same colour

The double doors opened, with Niharika revealing her tear stricken face, her nose red along the rim of her eyes in the same colour. "Hey, can I come in?" Forcing myself to put on a polite smile, I asked her.

"Sure." She spoke with no emotions in her voice, moving aside, she added in whisper, "its your house. Even though no feelings could be derived from her voice, it had a lace of taunt in it. 

"I'm sorry." Not minding what she just said, I said, what I was here for- to apologise. Apparently, part was done, even if she hadn't accepted my apology, at least I did apologise. Left now was, to make her- ask her husband to not divorce her.  As if he weren't already on the verge of ending this wedding, whatever his wife said today, will definitely make him to that. No matter how much I persuade him to divorce her, my brother will never agree to it, till his wife asks him. From how much I know him, I know, he took it on his ego. And no matter how wrong it sounded and it actually was, he will end up divorcing her, till his wife asks him to not. I opened my mouth to speak up while her voice cut me off.

"What are you sorry for, Roshni?" A humourless chuckle escaped her painted lips.

For breaking your heart?

For playing with your emotions.

I had messed up terribly this time. It was my brother, who really loves me like anything to say something on such matters, and his wife who knows her husband won't like if she confronted me . Otherwise I swear id been doomed, I just had practically tried to sabotage their wedding. Even though it wasn't my intention.

I was just trying to make things better, it just did not. I don't why, it had to turn out like this.

"I'm sorry for doing all that, Niharika." From the creases of the dark violet silk bead sheet laid on the king sized bed, my sight moved to her honey brown eyes, which were glossy from the tears she was holding instead of letting them fall. Before she could say something, I added, "I know whatever I was did was extremely wrong, but my intention wasn't to hurt you, I was just trying to make you feel good."

"It's okay." She breathed out, plopping down on the cream sofa kept beside the windows.

I don't know if I could read peoples' expressions well, however, it seemed she was trying to dismiss whatever I said, or perhaps me.

Should I say something more. or should I just kept my lips sealed.

"Niharika-" I settled on the initial choice, till my vibrating phone in my pocket interrupted me, pocketing out the device, I saw Rebecca calling."Excuse me." I moved to the balcony, sliding on the touchscreen to the right, I sticked it against my ear.

"Hello." Rebecca spoke through the device. "How're you, Roshni?"

Clutching the railing with my free hand, I bent my neck to look down. "Hey Rebecca, I'm good. How're Prithvi and you?" Gardener was working in the backyard, doing something near the sugar maple tree, with various gardening tools laying beside him.