Chapter 35: It's so expensive.

🎵Ik Tu Hi Tu Hi🎵

House help handed me a new bottle of contacts solution

House help handed me a new bottle of contacts solution. I picked my contacts case, blue with hues of yellow lenses stared back at me. Taking it on my clean finger I wore the lens. Taking a look at my reflection in the mirror, pushed me into nostalgia.

"Her power is increased. Here." The optometrist handed the card, which clearly showed my myopia just got worse. "She needs to wear her glasses regularly or it may effect her sight in the long run."

"Hmm." My brother turned to me, putting a hand on the small of my back, he led me to our car- which was parked outside the clinic.

After we settled in, he revved up the engine, with a hand on the steering wheel and the other on the gear, he gave me a glance, "beta, are you not wearing your specs regularly?"

No. I look ugly in it. "I do, just sometimes I skip carrying it." Licking my dry lips, I waited for his next question.

"And why is that?"

Told ya.

"I- I don't know." Craning my neck up to get a view of his expression- which was blank and unreadable as always. He did shook his head at me, though. "I just don't feel like."

After getting no reply from him, I looked at my pale blue pointed flats.

Did I disappoint him?

I did- apparently.

My onyx eyes which were now behind the powered glasses, went once again at him. He was looking it me, our eyes contacted and he sighed. "Beta, look now your vision is more damaged."

"Sorry."

An apology was only something I could utter. My myopia got bad and he got disappointed didn't make a lot of sense for me. But when I reflected on, I realised, his concern and love did it. He didn't want me suffer, during my initial stage of weak vision, the doctor told of I'd take care of my organ of sight properly, they'd soon turn normal.

I did not do that.

He always asked me to not watch in a laying down position, I did that. He told me to eat leafy vegetables and carrots. I did not do it.

I did the things that would turn my sight worse.

His disappointment was acceptable.

"Get down." The car halted in front of an optical store. I got down, with him at my side. Clutching to his arm, we went inside the glass doors of the store. Cold air from the air conditioner waved on our faces, slight smell of sanitizers entered our noses.

"Hello. How may I assist you." A lady looked as if were in her mid forties stood in front of us, she gave a minor bow when she greeted us.

Bhai handed her the eye test card, accepting it, she inquired if spectacles or contact lenses are required. That rang a bell in my head. Contact lenses, the concept did gave me a scare, but it was a better-better option than specs.