Chapter 13: Engagement ceremony

🎵 Gulaabo🎵 (Shandaar)

"Hurry up Sheetal, they will be here any time

"Hurry up Sheetal, they will be here any time."

"Yes Ma'am."

"Bhabhi which earrings should I wear with saree?"

"Mumma my lipstick is missing."

"Dhruv did you talked to the caterers?"

"No!"

"Why?"

"I forgot, I'll call now."

"Wait have you seen my duppata?"

"Kairav give my eyeliner back, what the hell are you doing with it?"

"I don't have a pen, so I'll use this."

"No idiot!"

"Dad my dress hasn't came from the laundry, please ask somebody to get it!"

"Sahab please check the decorations."

"Give this outfit to Agastya, outfit for the evening.

"Put the sweets in that basket, and dry fruits in other one."

"Somebody please call the ladkiwalas, ask them when they will be here.

"Bhabhi see I have decorated the Ring thal."

"Send me the PDF of the file. Also ask Sameer to call Mr Khanna, and arange the meeting in next 10 minutes.

Chaotic much!

It's 2 in the evening, and the mahurat of engagement is after some 2 hours.

Everyone here is being over enthusiastic, with Ahana's mother scolding the maid, Mahika crying about her lost lipstick, Dhruv and Krish bhaiya fighting over the caterers, the decorator worrying about the decorations to be perfect, and my bhai being the workaholic he is, is working on his own engagement.

And I'm sitting here with Deepalna, getting our manicure done.

"Girls all of you go and get ready, please." Requested Dhruv Bhaiya's mother.

"Yes taiji." I confirmed, after seeing how everyone ignored her.

"Oh man! It's just 2 something, we can get ready later!" Deepalna whined to her mother.

"Girls please, you all take a lot of time to get decked up." Ahana's mother said this time.

"Yes, nor papaji will be embarrassed in front of other people, that our family can't even be punctual." Mahika's mother supported her sister-in-laws.

"Whoa you people literally teamed up." The clown of our family, Kairav joined us.

"Shut up Kairav." All of us said simultaneously.