Chapter 32:

🎵Enna Sona🎵 (Ok Jaanu)

"Happy one month anniversary, guys

"Happy one month anniversary, guys." Placing the blueberry glazed cake with blueberries and candles on top of it, on the dinner table, I wished my brother and his wife on completing a month of their wedding.

"Aww! Thank you, sweetie." Niharika beamed, her brown eyes twinkling with happiness. "You know, I remembered early in the morning how it has been a month, but I didn't say anything, thinking your brother won't appreciate-"

"Beta, what is all this?" My sister in law was cut of in middle, in a harsh manner, by my brother and her husband. His brows creased together, looking at my for an answer.

"Bhai, it's your one month anniversary."

"I'm not a kid, Roshni, to celebrate all this." He shook his head. "Also, who on the earth celebrates anniversaries monthly?" Furrowing his brows, he looked at me for an explanation, again.

"Come-on, bhai. Everybody does this." Grinning, I wiggled my brows at him. Asking to cut the cake, I handed them a butter knife with a silver ribbon tied on it.

"Sure." My sister in law, gladly took the knife from hand with a smile as bright as the moon, tucking a strand of lock behind her ear, she peeked at her husband, who looked at her with his eyes cold and hard, rolling them at her antics. He was getting up, even without having his meal.

"Bhai please, don't go." It didn't took another word for him to sit back, maybe it were my puppy eyes that made him do what I asked, or maybe the words, don't go, made him stop. Was it my cuteness and his love for me that stopped him or was it my trauma and his love that made him sit back. Whatever the reason was, I was glad that he listened to me. Even though, when they cut the cake together, their hands sharing the knife was more like a pierce in my heart rather than in the cake.  At least he still loved me. "Okay, now feed each other the cake." You have to break dear heart, to make your love win, and selfishness lose.

"Yes." Niharika chopped a bigger slice of cake a brought it in front of bhai's mouth.

Leaning backward on the chair, "not needed." Picking a clean butter knife, he pushed her hand away from him.

Huffing she placed the piece on a plate, she sat back.

"Here." Sensing the fight between them can arise any moment, to prevent it, I handed them an envelope. Their gift. It was the confirmed booking details of their suite in Paris and a card, stating it was for their honeymoon, from me. I'd to book them a hotel instead of flight tickets because they'd be taking our private jet to the destination.

Niharika, tore the envelope, her eyes narrowed at the text printed paper. "That's so sweet of you, Roshni." Reading the details, the corner of her eyes crinkled, joy radiating off every inch of her face.

My brother sat, blank, unwavering. His hard, emotionless eyes on my face, scrutinizing it. His forehead wrinkled at he kept studying my face, moment after my sister in law screamed with joy on reading the contains of the envelope, he seized the contents off, her hands. Reading it, he placed it on the table. "Now, what is this?"