Chapter 16: Stains of henna and conversations.

🎵Mehendi laga ke rakhna🎵 (DDLJ)

"Perfect." The photographer showed a thumb up after clicking sound of the camera indicated that our picture of mehendi day were captured now.

We were all looking fantastic, though we were looking like a jungle, everyone decked up in green dresses and accessories but it still, green is pretty. I wore a floral printed ethnic skirt combined with orange noodle strap crop top, and duppata with a similar print as the skirt.

"Thank you," I smiled at the photographer who returned my gesture wit a nod.

"Rosh come here and choose your henna art." Ahana's mother called me where some women were seated and were getting their hands adorned with henna by some high end group of henna artist who had came all the way from Mumbai.

"Yes, I want to do this design." I forwarded my phone with the picture on of my design that I endlessly searched on the net last night.

"Okay ma'am." She got my phone, picked up a cone and she then started decking up hand.

My eyes wandered to the round stage in pink, it had a bright pink couch with some cozy cushions placed in centre, it had curtains hanged around in making inverted v, it also had flowers adored with. The bride was sitting in the couch 4 artists were painting her hand with it. Both hands and her feet getting the art done.

"Hey guys! Hope you're all having fun. Well, we present you a dance here." Ahana's cheerful cut though noise, the crowd was making, she held a mic. Only if I had such confidence.

*Drum rolls*

The curtains closed. Ahana disappeared, behind the pink curtains hanged on the wooden stage placed in the corner side, the bride from her place could make joy of the dances.

*Drum rolls*

The curtains once again opened, the spot light fell on Mahika was standing, doing some pose, the flow of music started playing. Her hands swiftly tore the air, aasmaan mein jaise baadal ho rahe hai hum dheere dheere dheere paagal ho rahe hai. She elegantly danced on the tunes of, Yaad piya ki aane lagi.

On the 2nd chorus she turned in front, her waist gracefully twisted along the beats, her dark green choli with ivory duppata draped on her was cherry on cake, making her look perfect. Her dance was over by her twirling then bowing down, the music stopped and the terrace echoed with sound of everyone applauding Mahika on her dance.

"Okay everyone, now I would like to call our honewali bhabhi on stage, to dance on some beautiful tunes." Our personal anchor Ahana once again for some fifth time beamed on the mic. The last dance was now left, Niharika's or my bhabhi. All my cousins had danced, except for Deepalna because just like me she too sucks at dancing, Kairav and Manish also danced they were only males here, others were at the cocktail party.