Chapter 24: If it could be only you and me!

🎵tum se hi🎵 (jab we met)

"Hmm." I glanced up from my uneaten breakfast plate, to look bhai who looked insanely rich, in his insanely expensive five piece suit.

"Hey bhai." I give him a real genuine smile.

"Here." He sat on his head chair, and slid something towards me.

"Aww! Thank you bhai." I giggled in utter happiness, grabbing my phone which he confiscated last night.

"Don't tell me you're excited on getting your phone back?" He shook his head, taking a sip of his- no sugared- black coffee.

I giggled again, looking at him. My heart was happy, it was so good, with just him and I together, safe and sound, happy and fun.

Not much, for more time. He's married, soon they will have tinny whinny kids. And I won't be the only priority of his. He first will take care of his wife and kids. At the last will be me, but it's okay. He will always keep me under his shelter. I mean not that he will leave me on the road, or abandon me.

Plus, if his wife doesn't appreciate my presence here, after two years when I be an adult, I can leave the place. If that's the best thing, for the betterment for my brother. Because when you love somebody, you do whatever it takes for their happiness and amelioration.

"Beta, where were you lost?" He asked and my blue eyes looked at him. Though his focus was all on reading the newspaper, he knew something was bothering me.

"Nowhere bhai. I'm cool." I kept my hand on his wrist, "so when will you be leaving for Shimla?"

"Shimla?"

"Yes bhai, you have to go and get Niharika....bhabhi, back from her mother's place." I struggled saying the word bhabhi,
not because I couldn't it has got a complicated pronunciation, yet a complicated meaning.

Bhabhi: ones' brother's wife, a person who's your close family. Family.

"She can come herself." Bhai shrugging it of, picked a Hindi newspaper.

"But wouldn't it be rude?"

"No it's not rude. And if you want I can send the chopper to get her." He neatly folded off the English newspaper and kept it in a corner.

"Okay." I didn't know what else to say, not that I'm happy with him giving no attention to his wife, but because he actually is a busy man. And he must have got some work.

I finished off my tea and was going get up, while his phone rang, I couldn't help but stick my ears to hear the conversation.

"Namaste Agastya ji, I hope you and Roshni are fine." The man on other side said, I wasn't aware of who he is, since I hadn't read the caller name.