Chapter: 34

🎵Bol na halke halke🎵

"Yeah." Niharika turned back, her curious brown eyes looking at me, brows furrowed.

Uncrossing my leg to relief the numbness of the bottom one, I shifted back on the chair. "Why don't you insist, perhaps bhai might agree to you." My blue irises set on her face, releasing she hadn't got the context as her well threaded brows crinkled even more. "About the Paris trip."

Her red painted lips turned in an upward curve, "yeah-", voice filled with excitement, she soon clamped her lips, gloom washing all over her features, "When Mr Singhania isn't listening to you and agreeing, why would he even do to mine." Her eyes moved from me to her husband, who gave her a pointed look.

"But-"

"Niharika, it's good you busted your own bubble, I won't ever agree for this trip. Specially when you're the one insisting for." Cutting me off, bhai rather too sternly said. Gulping down the rest of amber liquid in his glass, he kept in back on the hard surface of the table. His sight shifted over me, his phiz softened, "beta, I suppose we'd enough discussion on this topic."

"Bhai but-" I halted once again when he raised a brow, daring me to defy him. He was anything but a softie, however he wouldn't let me cross the boundaries of -apparently- respect. Knowing I wouldn't be able resist his quote, I nodded. Perhaps, my fear of him being disappointed in me was bigger than getting scolded by him for rebelling.

🌸🌸

Groaning, I rolled over the bed, not wanting to escaped the softness of the mattress and the warmth of my pastel yellow blanket. I turned once again for the millionth time to the other side. Last night after our chat, I couldn't let sleep consume me, rather thoughts consumed me and my peace.

Being an over-thinker since I attained maturity. Sleepless nights weren't anything new for me. From the troubles of school tests to being alone once again, like various daily soaps, my thoughts had different episodes to keep me awake for the whole night. Lately I'd been thinking what if Niharika wasn't appreciative with me living under one roof or what if I were actually sabotaging their marriage.

Last night I was up, with the latter thought. They couldn't or perhaps weren't going for their honeymoon only and only because of me. Though Bhai had clearly said work was the reason, I know the truth well.

The sole reason to not go was so that I don't feel bad. Alone. Unwanted. Lonely. Abandoned.

A deep heave escaped my lips. Pressing my face on the pillow, I clenched my eyelids tight, in an attempt to sleep. The sun was out, giving my room a bronze touch, chittering-chattering of birds was in the air. Occasionally a bird would knock on the glass of my window with its beak- startling me. Pulling my yellow cover till my eyes to block the sunlight, I counted to make my mind tire. Like the thoughts didn't do it.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five.

"When Mr Singhania isn't listening to you and agreeing, why would he even do to mine."