Chapter 39- Heart full of....

🎵Dil pe Zakhm🎵

Fixing the loose end of her saree's pallu, Niharika looked at her reflection on the shiny surface of the golden framed mirror

Fixing the loose end of her saree's pallu, Niharika looked at her reflection on the shiny surface of the golden framed mirror. Her sight went to the white digital clock kept on the dresser, it was really late when she woke up today. The movie she was watching last night, had kept her up extremely late. She was relieved that her husband wasn't home today, or else what would he'd think about her waking habits. Although, she knew he wouldn't give a damn to her routine, she liked to keep it with her prior thoughts.

Gazing back at the mirror, she kissed her lips together to set her signature red lipstick on her plump lips. She was beautiful and she knew it, still she had a hollow in heart. The hollow filled with sadness of her husband not being see the beauty in her.

She got out of the en-suite bathroom of one of the guest rooms she was living in. A deep sigh escaped her mouth when she crossed her husband's room and remembered how she'd emptied the room for him. Only to show how caring she was, it wasn't all fake, though. She didn't like how because of her, Agastya had to leave his room.

"Good morning, dulhan sahiba." The head housekeeper greeted her. Reciting an acknowledgment to her. Niharika moved inside the spacious white and gold themed kitchen.

"Get me a cup of tea." She ordered a chef and stood against the marbled platform. "Anita." She called, when her sight went over to the said woman. The huge cardboard box in Anita's hand, was something that caught her attention.

"Yes, dulhan sahiba?" Anita craned her neck over the brown box, to look at her boss's wife.

"What is this?" Niharika eyed the box. Her eyes were set on the white sheet with credentials written in black. Due to the glossy tape she couldn't read a word.

"It's Roshni didi's parcel." Anita shrugging her shoulders, said.

Niharika raised her brows. Extending her hands, she grasped the box. "I will give it to Roshni." The house-help in front of her shook her head, mumbling in negative. "Move." She harshly told Anita to give some way to her. Balancing the cardboard parcel in her arms, she gave the purchaser's information a good look. Her eyes widened at the price of the article inside it.

Her footsteps halted and just like always her heartbeats increased with the sight of her husband, Agastya. Clad in a crisp black suit. "Mr Singhania." He wasn't supposed to be here, now. He was supposed to be back on the next week. Brushing aside her thoughts, she voiced them, instead. "you're here?"

"It's my house." Like always, he spoke rudely in his rough, deep voice and like always it had the butterflies in her stomach flutter. Even if he was rude always to her, he had won her heart. His brooding and rugged personality had smitten her.

"I was just asking. Weren't you supposed to be here the next week?"

"I don't need your permission to get back to my house. So, I don't have to explain myself to you." His dark stare on his wife, his lean fingers went to the golden lever on the white double doors of his sister's room.