Book Report

How is my book report 

This report is on a book called Julie and The Phantoms by Micol Ostow.

This story is about a girl and her band. In 1995, Alex, Luke, and Reggie from the band Sunset Curve die from food poisoning. 25 years later, Julie's dad tells her to clean out her mom's old music studio. When she plays Now or Never a song by Sunset Curve the 3 boys appear. Julie gets scared and runs to her dad. She calms down then decides to investigate. She learns that the 3 boys were in the band Sunset Curve in 1995. Julie allows them to live in the studio until they find a new place. Julie goes back to school the next day and tries to get back in the music program. She hasn't played piano or sang since her mom died a year ago. She performs a song Luke gave her called Bright. She plays the song and the 3 boys join. Everyone at the school can see the ghosts play with Julie. When the song is done the 3 boys disappear Julie tells the school the ghosts were holograms. She makes it back in the music program. Alex gets confused about what is happening so he gets some air and meets another ghost. The other ghost Willie tells Alex that every ghost has unfinished business and when they finish it they can crossover to heaven.

Alex went back to tell Luke and Reggie. Julie comes in and says that her Bestfriend Flynn booked them a gig at a school dance. Luke asks Julie if he can show Julie a Sunset Curve song that he wanted to play at the dance. When Luke starts playing the first chords on his guitar Julie says that the song was a different singer's song. Julie says that was a Trevor Wilson's song. Julie shows the boys a picture of him. Alex says that Trevor was Bobby. The fourth member of Sunset Curve that did not die in 1995. Bobby didn't eat the hotdogs. Luke wanted to get revenge on him for stealing his songs. Alex says that WIllie might know how to get revenge. The boys find WIllie and the boys tell him what happened. Willie says that he knows a ghost that can help. Willie meets the boys at the Hollywood Ghost Club. Alex says we can't stay long because of the gig with Julie. They meet the ghost who Willie says can help. His name is Caleb. The boys stayed too long and missed the gig. They remember they had to go to the gig at midnight. When they tried to leave Caleb shakes their hands and says that the boys can return whenever they want. Something appears magically on their wrists. Caleb says it's a club stamp. The boys don't worry about it too much. When they make it to the dance it's over and Julie is cleaning up. Julie says it was a mistake joining the band with the boys. After Julie leaves, the three boys get a jolt of electricity. Luke says it feels like they're dying all over again.

Luke Alex and Reggie hang out at a cafe because Luke says that the cafe is great to book gigs to play there. Alex Luke and Reggie get another jolt. Lukes says it was just their body processing the food they ate last night. The boys apologize to Julie. Luke tells Julie that he booked a gig, Julie still doesn't forgive them; she says that Luke only cares about himself. Alex and Reggie tell Julie that Luke cares about the band a lot. Alex says that Luke ran away from home because his parents didn't want their 17-year-old to be in a rock band, If Bobby gave him credit Luke's parents would know his dreams were chasing. Julie tells Luke that they should practice for the gig. Julie's dad punishes her for being late to school and missing a calculus test. Luke tells Julie to sneak out and she does. After the gig, a businesswoman Andi Parker walks up to them. She began talking but was cut off by Julie's dad who found out she snuck out. Julie and her dad clear things up and Her dad sets them up for a gig at their house to post on youtube. The gig was successful. When the boys were hanging they got another jolt. Willie poofed to into the scene and said that the boys were in trouble. Willie said that the jolts are Caleb taking their power. When the power runs out the boys don't exist anywhere. There are 2 ways to survive: they can either join Caleb's band or find their unfinished business to cross over to heaven. After a long time of thinking, Luke tells Julie what is happening. They find out they have to play at the Orpheum theater, the place Sunset Curve was gonna play the day they died. Willie said that he would help book the gig. The day they were gonna play the Orpheum Alex thanked Willie for risking his life to help them. Alex hugs Willie but leaves before Caleb catches them together. Julie, Luke, Reggie, and Alex play the Orpheum. Julie hopes they crossed over. She goes to the studio to see the boys on the floor still getting the jolts. Julie says to go join Caleb's Club. Luke gets up and Julie hugs him. She could touch him. She hugs Luke Alex and Reggie at the same time. The stamps disappear. The boys felt stronger and are happy they finally got to play the Orpheum.