she wants to be the small spoon (requested)

Tzuyu dragged her feet as she walked up the stairs. It took everything for her to make it up them with her eyes so heavy she could hardly keep them open. She looked forward to climbing into bed with you and just holding you in her arms as she fell asleep.

She found you curled up in bed when she made it to the bedroom. You had her hoodie on and the blanket pulled up to your shoulders as you slept peacefully.

Tzuyu laid a little kiss on your cheek before going into the bathroom to wipe off her makeup and brush her teeth before she returned in one of her longer shirts.

She climbed under the covers and dropped her head on the pillow with a long and heavy sigh. That, along with the dip of the mattress, woke you up. She didn't expect to stare back at you when she pulled her hands away from her face, but she didn't complain when she saw the love behind them.

"Hey," you whispered and started to brush your fingertips along her arm. "Are you okay?"

"yeah." She nodded so she wouldn't worry you any, even though she was exhausted and tense. "Just a lot going on. That's all."

You nodded and watched her close her heavy eyes before you did the same. But she opened her eyes again right away, staring at you as she debated on asking the question on her mind. She stared at you for a moment, unaware that you could feel her eyes on you.

"Why are you staring at me and not going to sleep?" You asked as you opened your eyes and reached over to caress her cheek.

"I don't know. I'm so exhausted but I just can't sleep."

"Do you want to cuddle?"

She nodded her head quickly and you went to lay your head on her chest since she often loves being the big spoon and holding you. But after a long and busy day, she craved being held tonight.

"Y/n?" She said as your head hovered over her chest. "Could you hold me tonight? Let me be the small spoon?"

You nodded and she rolled over before you put your arms around her.

"Are you okay? Warm? Content?"

"Yeah. I feel so much better now." She mumbled and closed her eyes. "Thank you, y/n."

"All you ever have to do is say the word, Tzuyu. When you need nights like these. I'm more than happy to hold onto you."

"I know. I really love you," she whispered sleepily.

"I love you, even more, Tzuyu. Go to sleep now and have sweet dreams."

You brushed your finger through her hair with one hand, your other resting on her stomach as you held her close.

With your legs tangled together and the warmth and comfort of your embrace, she soon forgot bout her long and tiring day and drifted off to sleep, feeling cozy and happy.