you have trust issues (requested)

You turned your head to look at your girlfriend as she reached for her phone which was chiming once again.

It's the fourth time her phone has gone off in just a few minutes and each time it does, she always tilts her phone so you can't see the screen.

You're trying to push the thought running through your mind away as you turned to look back at the tv.

But as a giggle escaped her lips, your mind began to race.

"Tzuyu, who's that?"

"Hm?" She said as she lifted her gaze from her phone screen to curiously look at you. "No one, babe."

You knew better but you shook your head and took a deep breath before putting your head on her chest.

She was just about to lock her phone and put it aside when another text came through and this time, you watched as she smirked and then sank her teeth into her lower lip.

You pulled away from Tzuyu and folded your arms over your chest as you clenched your jaw.

Tzuyu's eyebrows furrowed as she felt you pull away from her.

"Y/N, baby? What's the matter? Why do you look so upset?"

She set her phone down and tried to reach for you to pull you closer but you just pulled away.

Judging by the look on your face, she was unsure if you were angry or sad.

You looked crushed but upset with her at the same time and she couldn't figure out why.

"Is it because I haven't been paying much attention to the film? If that's it, I'm sorry."

"No." You said before snapping a bit. "Who are you texting?"

"What?" She asked as she stared at you in confusion.

"You were giggling and smirking as someone texted you!"

"So?"

"Is there someone else?"

Tzuyu was the one that looked crushed now.

There was a deep sadness within her over your accusation and you could see it by the look in her eyes.

"Why would you ever think that?"

"Please... if there is, just say it. If there's someone else that you like or you might even start to like soon, just tell me."

"Y/N, there's no one else." She said quietly. "I don't understand why you'd even think that in the first place. You don't trust me?"

You stared at your hands on your lap wordlessly as she scooted closer to you and gently placed her hand on your shoulder.

"It's hard for me to trust people, especially people I date. I'm trying, I swear. I'm so sorry for accusing you of that I just can't help it."

"You've been hurt a lot before, haven't you?"

You took a deep breath and looked at her with a vulnerable gaze.

"My last ex cheated and the one before her caught feelings for someone else while we got together, so she broke up with me to be with that girl instead."

Tzuyu's heart sank at your confession.

"It's not just that but I've been with girls that have had that giggle on their lips as they flirt with people while I've been with them. I've been emotionally and mentally hurt by family and friends and exes and it's something I'm still struggling with."

"Baby, why didn't you tell me any of this?" She asked as she began to brush her fingers against your skin.

"It's hard to talk about. You're the first girl that I've allowed myself to fall for in a long while and I guess I just got scared."

"You don't have to be scared. I'm not like them." She said as she lifted your chin with her fingers. "Let me show you who I've been texting."

She opened her phone back up and you saw her open her texts.

She was in a group chat with the girls and they've been teasing her throughout the night.

"It started with Jihyo saying practice was going to be later tomorrow. Then Dahyun asked what everyone was up to so they all remembered I had a date with you tonight. So they started to tease me because they know how crazy I am about you."

You saw the playful words and jokes from the girls.

It was all in good fun.

Nothing mean was said about either you or Tzuyu.

It was all just teasing to be playful.

"And the smirk was when Chaeyoung asked me if I had asked you if you would stay the night because it's something I've been wanting to ask. I don't know why but the thought just makes me do that. It makes me happy."

"Oh. I feel so embarrassed." You said as you buried your face in your hands.

"Don't be. I understand that having your trust be broken so many times and having your heart hurt so much makes it hard to trust people. But if there's no trust between us, there's no relationship."

"I know."

"And I like you a lot, Y/N. I've never felt this way about anyone. I know it hasn't been long since we got together but I'm not interested in anyone else. I don't ever see that changing. I like you and only you."

You stared into her eyes as she spoke, a small smile tugging at your lips.

"And I'm so sorry that your heart has been broken so many times but, darling, that's not me. I'm not your exes. I'm not going hurt you or cheat on you or do any of those awful, hurtful things to you. I promise. You just have to trust me on that."

"I do." You said. "I trust you. I'm just scared to say that. But I know you're different. I know you're not them. I have to learn that not everyone is like that. I like you a lot. I don't ever see that changing and I don't see me liking anyone else the way that I like you."

"The feeling is very much mutual, my love."

You smiled at her and it made her heart skip a beat.

"So, we're all good? We trust each other and we're on the same page now?"

"Yeah. I trust you, Tzuyu."

"Good. I trust you too, baby."

You shared a quick kiss before she pulled you into her arms for a hug.

"And I'll never break that trust, I promise. I'll never hurt you."

"I know." You said as you closed your eyes, knowing that you could trust her and believe every word that she said to you.

Because she doesn't just say it.

She means it.

Always.