hickey prank (requested)

"Y/n!" Tzuyu called out as she walked through the door, closing it behind her. "I'm here!"

Fast footsteps were heard on the stairs, causing her head to lift and a smile to appear on her face. You pulled her in for a hug, happy to be able to hold her close after spending the last two weeks apart due to her busyness.

"Missed you," you said with a smile as you pulled away and the sight made Tzuyu's heart skip a beat.

She stood frozen on her feet for a moment, simply taking a moment to admire you. Your hair looked soft and she wanted to run her fingers through it. If only you knew.

"I'm happy you decided to spend your day off with me!"

"There's no one else I'd rather spend it with." She spoke softly, meaning every word.

You took the hair tie from your wrist and tied your hair up. Quickly, Tzuyu's heart sank and her smile faded. She could see it clearly - the hickey on your neck. Her mood changed completely, her shoulders heavy and heart filled with sadness.

"Tzuyu?"

Your eyebrows were furrowed, clearly confused as to why she seemed so down now.

"Where'd that smile go?"

She shrugged her shoulders and cleared her throat before going into the kitchen. She needed some water and some air to breathe.

You followed her, watching as she took a few sips and stood at the counter with her back facing you.

"I'm so stupid." She muttered quietly, almost under her breath. But you heard it loud and clear, the words like a knife in your heart.

"Why would you say that?"

She jumped at your presence and turned around. She gazed at you and usually, she'd find it hard to look away. But then she saw that mark on your neck again and she seemed to have no other choice but to look away.

"I think I should go."

"But you just got here."

You seemed sad. Almost as sad as she did.

"I thought we were gonna spend the day together. Please stay. Please talk to me."

She let out a sigh, biting the inside of her cheek as you stepped closer and closer to her.

"I'm foolish." She said and a sad chuckle followed her sad words. She lifted her head and nodded toward the hickey on your neck. "I'm happy for you. Clearly, you've met someone you really like. I just... can't help but wish it was me."

"What?" You spoke, trying to hide your smile and the way your heart started to beat just a little faster in your chest at the thought of her feeling the same about you that you do about her.

"Nothing,"

"Tzuyu," you whispered her name and laid your hand on her shoulder, watching as her eyes turned soft and she relished in the touch of your hand. "Tell me."

"I like you, alright?" She said, breathing out a shaky sigh as her words sank in for the both of you. "I really like you. I have from the moment we met just a few months ago. But I never said anything because I didn't know if you felt the same and I didn't want to ruin anything between us."

She was unsure of how you'd react. She found it easier to stare at her bare feet on the floor or her fingers that she was fidgeting with.

But then, from the corner of her eye, she saw you smile and she heard a small chuckle fall from your lips. Her world stopped, her heart started to race, and even more so when you touched her. Your fingers just barely brushed against her own, but it was enough to make her breathless.

"I was hoping you'd say that."

She furrowed her eyebrows upon hearing your words.

"Tzuyu," you spoke softly. "I like you too. I always have. But, like you, I was too afraid to say it. But then, I overheard you talking to Jihyo about me and I knew I had to get you to tell me somehow so,"

"So someone gave you a hickey?" She asked, confused.

"No!" You laughed before brushing your finger along your skin, causing the makeup to spread. "It was just a prank."

"Mean," she pouted, melting your heart.

"Maybe, but it got you to confess like I thought it would." You said as you stood in front of her and looped your arms around her neck. Her breath hitched and she gazed deeply into your eyes as she dropped her forehead onto yours.

She started to lean in, your heart started to leap and your eyes instinctively closed when her lips were only inches away from yours.

Soon, they hit your own. Soft and warm against yours, moving softly and slowly, before turning into a more passionate kiss the longer it lingered.

She pulled away only a moment later, much too soon for your liking. But it was hard to complain when she was holding you so close and gazing at you with stars in her bright eyes.

"I've been wanting to do that for so long."

"Why'd you stop then?" You asked, smirking when she cupped your cheek and leaned back into kiss you.

It felt like all the pieces had finally fallen into place, and you couldn't have been happier.