that's what I'm here for (requested)

The pain was almost unbearable.

As you sat on the floor of the hospital room, Tzuyu let you squeeze her hand as you tried so hard to get through the pain you feel.

It keeps returning, somehow even stronger every time, and it's getting closer together and you know that means that soon, the little person you've kept safe and sound inside you that you and Tzuyu have been impatiently waiting to meet would finally arrive.

It won't be much longer but to you, it feels like they'll never come. You've been going through this for the last ten hours and counting.

It wasn't bad when it first began. It hit you at just a few minutes after four in the morning.

Maybe you were a little naive to think this, but you didn't think they'd take this long to come.

You thought by now, at two in the afternoon, they'd be here. But they seem to be taking their time, much to your dismay.

You were squeezing Tzuyu's hand so hard she was biting her lip, doing everything she could not to let out any sounds of pain.

She doesn't want you to think you're hurting her. You're in more pain than she ever imagined you'd be and if squeezing the life out of her hand helped even just a tiny bit, she wanted you to do it.

She used her other hand to rub your back. The hospital gown you had on was tied in the back and it was coming undone a little, exposing just a tiny bit of your skin.

She brushed her fingers along it, hoping that it would comfort you a bit.

Once the pain started to ease, you let out a heavy breath. It's so hard to even breathe at this point when it hits you and Tzuyu dreads every minute that it comes because she hates seeing you go through this.

"Are you okay?" She whispered and let your hand go so she could tie the string of your gown back up.

"No." You mumbled and let out a shaky breath. "It's horrible."

"I know it is, baby." She whispered comfortingly. "It's so awful, I know it is."

"I knew it'd be painful. I knew it wouldn't be easy. But I didn't think it'd be this intense."

She stared at you with sad eyes. She knew what you meant. She also didn't think it'd be this bad.

Like you, she knew it wouldn't be easy and quick. She knew you'd be squeezing her hands and letting out some cries and some groans.

But it seemed even more terrible than she imagined it would ever be and it breaks her heart.

"I don't know if I can take anymore."

"I know it hurts, my love. But you can do it."

"I don't think I can." You mumbled and blinked away the tears in your eyes. "It's just too much. I can't take anymore."

"That's what I'm here for, baby." She whispered. "When it gets to be too much, you hold onto me. You know I'll let you squeeze my hands and I won't complain or judge you if you feel like you need to scream at the top of your lungs."

You chuckled and lowered your head.

"I need you to remember when you feel like you can't take any more of this, that I'm right here with you. I know you're hurting. I know you feel overwhelmed. You feel like they'll never come. But they will and I'm going to be right by your side every minute of it. It's been ten hours since it started and I haven't left your side even once."

"I know." You sniffled and cracked a small smile. "I don't think I could do this without you."

"You don't even have to worry about that because you're not going to. I'm not leaving your side for even a minute. I will be right here every step of the way. No matter if it takes several more hours until they're here, I'm not leaving for even a second."

"Oh, no, I hope it doesn't take that much longer." You groaned and put your head on her shoulder.

She giggled and kissed your head.

"They'll be here soon. They're getting closer and closer with every minute."

She was going to continue, trying to encourage you some more.

But you groaned in agony once more and she closed her eyes with a sad sigh, knowing the inexpressible pain had returned once more.

"It's okay. Lean on me. I'm here." She whispered and rubbed your back with one hand, her other wrapped in yours as you squeezed it hard.

Your groans were getting louder, your teeth clenched together as you struggled to breathe. You just gasped and gripped her hand as you tried to get through it.

"You're doing amazing." She encouraged and helped you through it yet again until it was finally gone.

"I'm so exhausted."

"I know. Not too much longer, my love." She said and sent you a small smile when you pulled away.

"I'm scared that if it gets worse, I'll squeeze your hand harder, and I might break it."

She laughed and brushed her fingers through your hair.

"Well, that's why I have two hands, right?" She joked and kissed your forehead. "But in all seriousness, baby. Don't worry about that. Don't worry about anything. You just focus on me and focus on getting through this so you can bring our baby into the world. That's all I care about. Just the two of you."

"I love you."

"I love you more," she whispered as she held you close. "Just a little bit longer. They're going to be here and you're going to see that it's all going to be worth it. You'll look back on this and see how amazing you are and how strong you are to go through this to get them here. It's going to be worth it. I promise you."

You nodded and took a few deep breaths. You knew she was right and as much pain as you're in, you're anticipating the arrival of your baby that you adore so very much already.