waking you for cuddles

"Goodnight, Tzuyu," you whispered softly and then kissed the corners of her lips before you turned over and turned off the light.

Putting your head on your pillow after your busy but fun day spent with Tzuyu, you were feeling everything catch up to you and looked forward to a night of good sleep.

You knew it was bound to be even more wonderful and peaceful since she's staying the night with you.

It's not the first time she's spending the night but it was unexpected. She was much too tired to go home, so you offered to let her stay, which she was more than happy to accept.

But now that she's laying in bed beside you, she doesn't feel tired anymore.

But because she knew you were sleepy and she didn't want to risk disturbing your slumber, she laid still and tried to fall asleep on her own.

However, that was much easier said than done, especially since she was yearning to hold you in her arms.

She doesn't stay with you every night, although she would if she could.

Sadly, recently, she barely makes it back to the dorm. The girls work so hard that they haven't been sleeping much.

But staying with you sounds much more lovely and now that she's there with you, in the comfort of your warm bed, she wants to be able to hold you close and never let go.

She reached over to lay her hand on your back and slowly, she slipped her fingers beneath your shirt and brushed the tips of them along your back.

"Y/N? Are you awake?" She whispered and waited to see if you'd answer and just a second later, you did.

"No."

She giggled and gently scratched her nails along your back, causing you to hum contentedly.

"Can we cuddle?"

You opened your eyes and craned your neck to look at her, your tired eyes beginning to sparkle.

"What?" You asked and Tzuyu watched your lips slowly tug into a smile that you couldn't fight even if you tried.

"Can we cuddle? I'm struggling to fall asleep and I want to hold you."

You couldn't hold back your grin, despite how sleepy you felt.

Instinctively, you rolled right into her arms. As soon as they were around you and your face was buried in her neck, you found comfort.

You breathed in the smell of her shampoo when your nose would brush against the strands and you breathed in the smell of her perfume that was just beginning to fade away but still remained just a little on her skin; just enough to make your heart flutter.

"I love it when you stay the night. We should do it more often."

"I'd love that." She whispered, staring into your tired eyes that she could tell you were struggling to keep open. "But, if you let me stay too much more, you're going to have trouble ever getting rid of me."

You just smiled and said, "that'd be just fine with me."

"Me too." She whispered into your hair and kissed the crown of your head, heart leaping in her chest as she thought about staying here with you more often. "I love you so much, sweet girl."

"Love you more, Tzuyu." You mumbled as you fell asleep, warm and secure in her embrace, hoping you'd share many more nights like these with her from now on.