she can't sleep

Tzuyu threw her head back against the pillow with a groan.

She's been awake for hours, while you've been sound asleep beside her. The ticking of the clock was beginning to drive her crazy.

No matter how much time passes, she continues to lie awake, and nothing is seeming to help her any.

She sat up with a sigh. She brushed her fingers through her long hair and then hugged her knees to her chest.

She tried to fight off the temptation, knowing that another glance at the time in the clock was gonna do her no good. But she caved and then groaned yet again when she noticed how late it was.

Thankfully, she has the day off tomorrow, so it's not like she's got anything she's gotta get done.

However, it's her day with you and she didn't want to spend it sleeping away.

She considered going downstairs and turning on a movie to entertain herself and occupy her time. But the thought of leaving you pained her and she couldn't bring herself to leave the bed.

She looked over at you and saw you curled up with the blankets over you while you slept on your stomach.

She didn't see herself falling asleep anytime soon. But even if she didn't, she knew the warmth of your body and the best of your heart would soothe her and make her worries disappear.

She scooted closer to you and slipped under your blanket with you. Immediately, she was enveloped with warmth. She couldn't resist laying a few kisses to your shoulder, letting her lips trail along the blade ever so softly.

This made you stir and soon, your eyes opened. Seeing that the room was still pitch-black made you groan. You still had time to sleep and you so desperately wanted to just close your eyes and slip back into dreamland.

But you felt Tzuyu slip her hand under your shirt and brush her fingertips along your skin. You quickly realized she was curled up with you, wide awake.

"Tzuyu?" You spoke quietly, her name falling from your lips sleepily.

Guilt washed over her, a sad feeling as she wondered if she'd woken you, which was the last thing she wanted.

"Why are you awake? It's," you paused and blinked a few times before you caught the time on the clock. "Five am."

"I'm sorry, my love. I hope I didn't wake you. I haven't been able to sleep."

Suddenly, sleep was the last thing on your mind as it sank in that your girlfriend has been wide awake all night long.

"You didn't wake me?" You asked as you turned over to face her.

"There was no need for us both to be wide awake and restless. I'm alright, I promise. I'm used to the lack of sleep. It happens. But I guess I got frustrated and cold and... lonely."

You sent her a sad smile before moving into her arms. Your head fell to her chest and the best of her heart filled your ears. Though you felt incredibly sleepy, you didn't let your eyes slip closed. Tzuyu was sleepless and your only focus was her.

"Something on your mind?" You asked as you trailed your fingertips along her stomach and ribs.

"Not really. I'm just frustrated. I know I've got nowhere to be but I was so looking forward to spending my day off with you."

"We can still do that, Tzuyu. Even if you fall asleep now or in an hour, we've got all day. What matters is you sleeping. You know you need rest. You've been working hard."

She nodded with a sigh then leaned her head down so she could pepper kisses along your shoulder and neck.

"It's okay, Tzuyu. I've got you. Just relax. Close your eyes and focus on me. I'll tell you a story!"

She laughed a little but did as you said. She yawned and laid her head on yours. A hum fell from her lips as you started to speak softly in her ear. Your voice was soft and quiet; much like the caress of your fingers along her skin.

Soon, as you continued to speak to her, she fell asleep with a tiny smile on her face. It was only when she started to snore a little that you realized she was asleep and the cute sight made your heart melt.

You turned your head to kiss her forehead lovingly and let your lips linger for a moment before you closed your eyes to fall back asleep.

"Sweet dreams, Tzuyu. I love you lots." You said, chuckling sleepily when she only let out a few soft sounds in response, leaving you with a warm feeling in your head as you fell back asleep.