first I love you (requested)

You could tell from the second that you opened your front door to find Tzuyu standing there that she was having a bad day.

Her shoulders were heavy and her eyes looked to be the same as she lifted her head to look up at you.

"Are you busy, baby?" She asked.

You shook your head and stepped aside so she could walk into your house.

She looked relieved to be let inside and even breathed out a sigh as soon as the door was closed behind her.

"What's the matter?" You asked before she threw her arms around you, holding you tightly.

"I just had a really hard day." She said as she hugged you. "I just needed you."

"It's okay, darling. I've got you now." You said as you rubbed her back comfortingly.

After a moment of standing in each other's arms in comfortable silence, you pulled back and looked at your girlfriend.

You brushed your fingers through her hair and tucked a strand behind her ear which made her smile a little.

"Are you hungry? How about I order some food?"

"That sounds nice." She said as you sat down on the sofa together.

"We can take a bath together too, if you'd like. That should help you destress a bit. I can give you a massage. We can cuddle. You can even stay the night if you want to."

"I'd like that very much." She smiled as she looked into your eyes.

Lowering her head, she broke eye contact with you as something weighed on her mind.

"Tzuyu? Everything alright?"

"Yeah. Perfect." She said as she took your hand. "Just thinking."

"About?"

"You." She said as she brought your hand to her lips. "How happy you make me and how much... I love you."

It was the first time the words had ever fallen from her lips for you and it felt so good to hear.

You've been together for a few months now but never pushed each other into saying those three words.

You wanted them to be said when you both meant it and when you were both comfortable.

And it seems that the time to say them was now.

"I mean it wholeheartedly, Y/N. I love you."

You almost wanted to cry.

You've heard those words a lot throughout your life from family and friends but it didn't compare to the way that Tzuyu said them.

It was different, in the best way possible.

It was... perfect.

"I love how you're always here for me, how you always manage to make me smile, how you're so sweet and loving to me. I love everything about you. I love you."

"I love you too, Tzuyu."

She smiled before pulling you in for a sweet kiss.

"You do?"

"Yeah. I love you." You said as you gazed into her eyes.

"I love you too." She said before pulling you in for a hug.

"How did I ever get so lucky?" You asked yourself, making Tzuyu chuckle.

"I ask myself the same thing every day." She said as she rubbed your back. "I love you, my girl. I always will. I promise."

"I promise you the same thing." You said as you held her in your arms, grateful to be loved by her and to be able to love her just the same.