when an interviewer talks badly about you (requested)

"I'm so thrilled that I get to be here interviewing you lovely ladies! How are you all doing?" The interviewer asked as the girls all smiled happily.

"Good! Thank you for asking." Chaeyoung said.

"You must be exhausted. You just put out a new album a couple of days ago and it is incredible, by the way. You're preparing for a tour, filming videos, doing interviews every day. Gosh, you're all just busy bees!"

The girls laughed in response.

"So I have a couple of questions to ask you all but first, we have questions from the fans that were submitted. Is that okay that we do those first?"

"Absolutely!" Jihyo smiled.

The girls always love answering questions from fans and this interview was no different.

The fans asked questions about what their favorite songs from the album were, if there'll be more music videos to come, how they participated in the songwriting process for this album, and then one question was specifically for Tzuyu.

"Tzuyu, this one is for you. This fan wants to know if your girlfriend has a favorite song from the album."

Since Tzuyu is the only one in a public relationship, she wasn't surprised that someone was going to bring you up somehow.

But she wasn't complaining.

Just the thought of you brought a big smile to her face.

Until now, she's been pretty quiet, but she was very talkative since she was able to talk about you.

"I asked her that when she first heard the album but she said she couldn't pick a favorite and she said that just yesterday again. She loves every song."

"I'm surprised she didn't say the one that you partook in writing since she was your inspiration behind it." Jeongyeon teased.

The girls all shared a laugh before looking back at the interviewer who looked anything but happy.

"Alright, now that we're done talking about her, let's ask more questions, better questions."

"Is everything alright?" Dahyun asked. "You seemed so nice and happy before but now you kinda have a snotty expression on your face."

"Oh. Right, sorry. I just don't like Tzuyu's girlfriend."

Tzuyu furrowed her eyebrows in confusion but stayed quiet, trying not to push things further and start something.

"I was kinda hoping they'd broken up since neither of them have posted pictures together or of each other lately."

"No such luck," Tzuyu said with a sarcastic smile. "We've just been busy with the comeback. And even though our relationship is public, we like to keep things private most of the time."

"Hm." The interviewer said before looking back at the notes on her lap. "Well, a girl can dream, right?"

Tzuyu scoffed.

"You know, I don't appreciate you talking about my girlfriend and relationship like this. It's pretty disrespectful. You're not here to state your opinions on my love life. You're here to interview us about our music!"

Tzuyu was so unhappy that she just couldn't hold back anymore.

"Well, I'm sorry that-"

"No, don't say sorry. Because it's fake. You're not sorry about anything, I can see it by the look on your face. I don't get why you dislike my girlfriend, who hasn't done anything to you, but your opinion of her is uncalled for."

"I just think she's not good for you. I mean, you're so young and so dedicated to your group and she seems like she wants to pull you away from that?"

"Where are you getting that bullshit from? She's never said anything like that before and she would never try to pull me away from my job. She knows how much I love the girls and being an idol. You don't know her, so stop pretending you do!"

"But-"

"And you know what? I'm tired of some people just looking at me as the Maknae of TWICE! I'm not sixteen anymore. I'm twenty-four and I know how to maintain a relationship and my job at the same time! So stop treating me like this!"

The girls all stared at the interviewer in silence, wondering what she'd say next.

"Whatever. But I'll never get what you see in her. You're much prettier than she is."

"That's rude." Mina frowned.

"And so uncalled for," Sana said, shaking her head in disbelief.

"It's bold of you to talk about my girlfriend's looks when you look like... that."

The interviewer gasped as Momo and Nayeon chuckled.

"This interview is over for me. I'm done." Tzuyu said as she started to get up. "Check your face. Because I just found a nose in my business again."

She stormed off set and the girls quickly followed her as they laughed and cheered for Tzuyu, who they felt so proud of for standing up for you.

"I have to call Y/N," Tzuyu said as Jeongyeon hugged her tight.

"We're proud of you for standing up for her." Jihyo smiled.

"I couldn't just sit back and listen to someone talk so badly about my girl, I had to say something. But thank you all for doing the same." She said as the girls all nodded.

"That'll probably be the last interview she ever does," Sana said.

"Good. Then no one else has to suffer the way we did." Nayeon mumbled.

And Tzuyu just smiled as she called you, wondering if you had seen it all go down and if you were doing okay.