Chapter-38

**THE GUEST**

Third Person's Pov...

As Suhana fondly looked at the gleeful faces infront of her, it struck her that this was her family... The only family.

Beyond the blood ties, each and every one has made a special place for themselves in her heart.

They have accepted her with all... Her flaws... Her mistakes... Her shortcomings... Something which her own parents couldn't overlook.

She didn't have to put extra efforts to be a member of this family. It seemed like she was already an intrinsic part of their life.

Deep consumed in her thoughts Suhana was unaware about the scrutinizing gaze of her husband who was assessing her expressions from a few minutes.

When Aksh saw her smiling looking everyone with adoration in her eyes, it confirmed him that Suhana was happy and it automatically made him content.

Her smile... Was only thing he ever wished for but he was also aware from the fact that there was a void behind that smile which could only be fulfilled by someone certain.

The shrill sound of the door bell attracted everyone's attention.

"Don't look at me. I am not going" Kirti who was near to the door in comparison to other's, instantly raised her hand in denial when all watch her expectant eyes.

"It's okay. I'll see" Suhana uttered after a second or two later when realised that Kirti was actually serious.

"This girl is getting too lazy day by day. I wonder who will marry her" Chachiji complained giving her daughter hard glares.

Suhana chuckled as the bickering of mother daughter duo reached her ears.

The thought of her mother immediately consumed her mind.

Aksh on the other side was getting anxious with every step that her wife took.

It's finally THE TIME...

Suhana's breath hitched as she couldn't believe her eyes.

There stood her maa and baba with Shikhar.

Her maa had a small smile on her face unlike her father who was as astonished as her.

It felt like there was an untold staring competition going on between Suhana and her baba.

Her eyes were reflect her agony of so long where as latter's eyes were filled with moist.

"Suhana" Aksh mused almost in a whisper placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

He didn't want to intervene but had to when there was complete silence from both the ends.

Aksh's sudden touch acted as source to broke her reverie.

"Aksh... You... Called..." She uttered incoherent words looking Aksh while pointing her finger towards the known strangers.

"Suhana... I..." Aksh tried to make her understand but Suhana's next action stopped him.

She hold the door handle in a tight grasp and was about to shut it on her parents face when Aksh gripped her hand.

He shook his head looking directly in her raging eyes and pulled her away with a jerk.