14 February

Micro tale on 'My Patriotism'

It was 14 February. They both wished each other 'Happy Valentine's day'.

He couldn't take his eyes off her as he saw his gorgeous wife on video call in the beautiful red saree that he had gifted her on her last birthday.

"You are becoming more and more beautiful with each passing day" he complimented making her go all red and shy.

"Seeing your picture everyday makes me more beautiful" she replied hiding the unshed tears that pulled up in her doe-eyes.

"I love you. I'm missing you. I wanted to spend today with you." Her voice came out as a mere whisper and he became upset seeing her dull face.

"Don't worry, we'll be soon together baby. I am coming back home for holidays" he said in hope of making her mood a bit lighten up and much to his gladness, she started jumping with joy with the idea of knowing they both can meet soon.

He smiled looking her cute antics and ended the call confessing his love to her once again.

But unfortunately, that was the last time she saw him cause her next day started with the news of her husband martyred in a terrorist attack along with 40+ other jawaans.

Her red saree changed into white. The woman who loved wearing bangles was left empty handed.

Her nuptial chain was pulled out making that long string of beads scatter on ground.

***